Something New To Try

  • russnfortune
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      I recently discovered Meetup.com. It's exactly what it says it is:
      people get together to discuss whatever topic they're interested in.
      And yes, they have photography groups. They also have business
      groups, for those of us who want to do this as a business. So I
      thought I'd pass that along.

      I'd still like for all of us to meet sometime. Anybody got any
      suggestions for a "meeting spot"?

      But...at any rate...I just couldn't keep this to myself. I joined
      several kinds of groups, like the photography groups, the business
      groups, some cooking groups (you know Miss Food Photography here--hey,
      I think I should learn how to do more than boil water!!!), and some
      psychology groups, since I'm getting a psychology degree.

      Check it out!

      Fortune
    • Suraj Shetty
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        Actually, there is a Virginia Photographers meetup at
        the Barnes and Noble in Clarendon on Wednesday, August
        9th. I was thinking of checking that out ...

        Otherwise, I think with the plethora of monuments
        available to see, there are lots of spots to meet ...
        just need someone to take the reins and organize ...
        :)

        cheers,
        Suraj

      • Fortunephotog@cs.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          Yeah, I got an email about that.  Can't go, but...it's nice to know about it.

          Fortune
        • Fortunephotog@cs.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
            I got an email about that August 9 Meetup too, but I can't go.

            Fortune
          • Tara Parekh
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
              Food photography contest:
              http://www.foodandwine.com/
            • Fortunephotog@cs.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
                Glad you mentioned that.  I found out about that last month, and made a note on my calendar to send some pictures this weekend.  Maybe some other Photo Umbrella members could try that.  Don't let me be the only "foodie" around here!!

                Oh, also, Slate Magazine's site had an article two days ago on Gourmet Magazine's "depressing" covers over the last year.  Interesting.  Check it out.

                Fortune