Please check out my new pics

  • Nakia Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
      I would love to hear what you guys think about them.
    • Keith Lamond
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
        Nakia,

        The list hasn't been that active lately.  Good to see someone post.

        I'm not sure how much response you will get.  Commenting on other people's photos can be difficult because it is hard to tell what the other person is looking for and how they will react.

        Before I comment, I'd like to hear what you think of these images, what drew you to take them and what feedback you are looking for.  I guess I want to find out if you feedback along the lines of 'that's cool' or 'the subject isn't something I'm interested in' or do you want more indepth feedback.

        Keith

        On 4/5/06, Nakia Jones <nakia_lawan@...> wrote:
        I would love to hear what you guys think about them.

      • Nakia LaWan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
          Keith,

          I have also noticed that the list hasn't been too active lately.
          As far as a respose, it doesn't matter what is said if anything at all.
          I took the pictures because that's almost all i do when i have free time.  i have hundreds of pictures!
          the one with my dog and the crab... just a curiosity photo i guess, thought it was amusing.  the one with the dog and the snake, just for fun i guess.  she loves to be all in the snakes cage and i thought it would make a cool photo.  the crab, well i was just fasinated by the picture period.  the bubbles just made it perfect to me.  If someone makes a comment its cool, whether it's good or bad.  i just wish others would post more and make more comments.

          thanks for the comment!!!

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2006
            Nakia,

            Here's my feedback on the photos:

            I found the crab the most intersesting.  My eye was drawn to the crab and I think the angle of the shot works.  The one thing that didn't work for me in the shot was the stream of water filling the container with the crab.  I think it would have been better if you got in closer to the crab so that wasn't included in the shot.

            Dog with the crab
            I think this shot would be much more interesting if you got it from closer to the ground, either kneeling or better, laying on the floor so you get the dog's eye view of the crab.  I can't see the expression on the dog's face the way the photo is currently shot and it would be made more interesting by being taken from a vantage point that we normally don't look from.

            Dog with snake,
            The lighting in this helps to focus your attention on the subject, the dog looking at the snake.  Again, I'd get lower to the ground for this shot.  I'd want to be level with the dog's eyes for this.  I'd also probably get in closer or crop the image a bit as red chair to the side tends to catch my eye and draw me way from the main subject.

            Snake snack,
            I like rats so it's hard for me to comment on this one (my wife use to have rats as pets).  It's good that you filled the frame with your main subject, but I can't look at the image long enough to give for feedback.

            Hopefully these comments help.
            Keith

            On 4/5/06, Nakia LaWan <nakia_lawan@...> wrote:
[...]

            How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Nakia LaWan