Does Paul Johnson exist?

  • gregory@zeta.org.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      Does Paul Johnson exist, or is he simultaneously two people on opposite
      sides of the planet, or does he have a split personality ... or does he
      have an additional persona known as Brian (or two: Brian and Brigitte) or
      is Paul an additional persona of Brian or Brigitte or both of them (or of
      Brigid or Brion or Bran or Brigita)... or are all three pseudonyms used
      by a fourth person .... or is the fourth person a fictional personality
      created by the other three who has now taken on a life of its own ....
      the possibilities are endless. Of the existence of Paul Johnson, I have
      no doubt, always assuming that when I met, spoke and ate with him, stayed
      in his house and drove in a vehicle with him I was not under some form of
      spell. Of the existence of Brigitte I am reasonably certain: information
      provided by the University of Vienna, both officially and unofficially,
      satisfies me of that. Of Brian .... well, who knows? And I am more than
      certain that Paul and Brigitte (and/or Brian) are not and have never been
      the same person! Paul is educated, literate, rational and an outstanding
      scholar of Theosophical history (regardless of whether or not I agree
      with him on everything). The evidence of postings by Brigitte and Brian
      does not suggest the same can be said of either of them.

      Dr Gregory Tillett