RE: What Were They The Masters Of ? Parts III and IV together

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26 2:58 AM
      Nov 26 2002
      Dear Steven:

      Thanks for this copy for me to see ?

      It is easier to read if you could break up your message into
      paragraphs, and make the breaks when you change observations or
      subject. Do help.

      I don't make it a practice of quoting much from the MAHATMA LETTERS,
      as The SECRET DOCTRINE which came at the end of that correspondence in
      1888, sums up the Theosophical position, and sets Mr Sinnett's
      writings into their true perspective..

      I would never attribute motives to others as we do not know what they
      are. But we can ask questions.

      I find the MAHATMA LETTERS is most valuable in assisting devotees, and
      in setting the ethical and moral tone for aspirant We can all use
      that for self-examination. But the results are of course kept private
      as they concern ourselves only, as I see it..

      Exactly how things were, in H P B's time we can only guess at.

      I think you are right in the matter of the goals of those who follow
      the "eye" or the "heart" doctrines.

      Best wishes,