Re: Theos-World Steven's comment on the Mahatma Letters

  • Steven Levey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2002
      Daniel-in a Way the Mahatma Letters remind me of quite a few of Jesus's admonitions which we have been reminded "not to Question" by the clergy. They do this because they have no answers to questions with regard to statements that were intended for a particular disciple in a particular circumstance. Not to mention their general lack of concern for mystical and philosophical issues. I feel this is true about the Mahatma Letters (regarding their intention as meant for individual students not for general consumption). and therefore sometimes they seem to be only oddly chosen statements that are not complete and they might even be challenged as to their validity by a scholar (as they have in our own list). The truth is, Daniel, this is what I think about them, but my concern is not for the Letters. It is to follow the Path displayed by their concern for humanity which places more emphasis on brotherhood than anything else. In fact it might be shown that the motive behind the Theosophical metaphysical writings are all to lay the basis for how brotherhood is a fact at many levels of our existence. Which, if a student can validate this in their own minds makes a tremendous difference in their lives.-Steve