Re: Theos-World Theosophy: An Introduction

  • Morten Nymann Olesen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2002
      Hi Daniel and all of you,

      Yes, quite good.

      But on Theosophical Society in America's website
      http://www.theosophical.org/intro/chap1/Index.html - one gets the following:

      "Theosophy does not bind an individual to any particular belief or creed,
      but it is dedicated to furthering humanity's eternal search for the meaning
      and wholeness of life in a nonsectarian and nondogmatic way. The religions
      of the world are methods of this search and are therefore subjects for
      Theosophical study."

      Sweet thoughts, - that is if they were followed !

      My view is this:
      But If the organization by the name Thesophical Society in America wants to
      help promote nonsectarian and nondogmatic views, then I think it should
      closely consider its own position. Their position on their - as I understand
      it - support for a personality like C. W. Leadbeater (d. 1933). (CWL).
      The involvement of CWL in a sexscandal is today a mystery, which remian
      unexlained by those who consider him to be a personality to support openly -
      just like that - as someone of importance to the theosophical cause.
      Although CWL did some good work, he certainly damaged the Thesophical cause,
      so VERY VERY much.
      And so much that HE even today - stands as a bar - to the respect for
      theosophy and the wisdom tradition of all ages past. And not to mention
      Annie Besants involvement in this case...

      Why on Earth does the organization the Theosophical Society - plaster
      themselves with such a
      Public Relation, which clearly today creates mistrust and fear among seekers
      of wisdom.
      The word "nonsectarian" in the above quote doesn't quite fit in with this
      particular organization it self - i.e. today year 2002.
      And that is a bad thing, which ought to be dealt with.
      What about if a "high-rank" member of the same Organization made a similar
      sexscandal today, what would the consequences be ? The same as those of
      Annie Besants ? God I hope not !
      Oh dear, oh dear...when will people ever learn ?

      But the Ancient Teaching of Wisdom of all ages past will never give up its
      fight for TRUE and Honest teaching,
      which does NOT create fear, mistrust, and uncertainty about views and
      motives.
      The Organizatiopn mentioned above even has a Youth Group !
      This said, I am happy to see, that they do not deny Blavatsky her say - and
      they still support her teachings.
      If they understand them ? Weel, I don't really think so.

      My view is:
      Always help - never hurt.
      And if you can't help, then at least seek to stop hurting.

      Sorry for being so blunt.
      But sometimes one has to say what one think about what is going on.
      Maybe I am wrong on my above assumptions, but try to understand why and how
      easy one arrives at them.

      To the readers: Feel free to do your best...

      from
      M. Sufilight