re noumena, phenomena, subjective/objective, matter/spirit . . .

  • Mauri
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2002
      I think I have permission to quote Somebody as long as I
      don't mention that author's name, so:

      <<Incidentally the distinction between phenomena
      (experience) and the noumena (objectibe reality) is not
      something discovered by me. It has been written about
      by philosophers in the west since the seventeenth century
      and is generally accepted by scientists today. It is also
      fundamental to Blavatsky's SD. although I have yet to
      meet a Theosophist who understands what she says about
      it.>>

      Uh, I hope I'm not interrupting this list's meditation
      session, or anything.

      I write because it occurred to me that
      "objective/subjective" might be seen in terms of
      "matter/mental," or even, by extension, as
      "matter/mental/spirit," maybe. . . So if "noumena" (in
      terms of such as "intended reference to whatever might
      be the ground from which we establish our every-day
      reality," say . . .) is seen as "related to spirit," ("spirit" in
      terms of such as "intended reference to whatever might
      be the ground from which we establish our every-day
      transcendent reality," say . . .), then . . . one might
      speculate/theorize/t/Theosophize about the senses in
      which such as "objective reality" might be seen . . .

      If "objective reality" is seen in terms of "being
      noumenal," (as per Theosophy, say?), isn't that kind of
      statement comparable to such as: "matter and spirit are
      the same" . . . If so, if "matter and spirit" are "seen as the
      same," (as per Theosophy [?], however that "sameness"
      might be experienced in practice), then . . . one might
      tend to assume (?) that "we" (the "people on this plane")
      are (might be) something like matter/spirit focus points,
      as if we might be the lenses, or the means of tuning in, in
      some sense, (or in some by-productive sense, maybe . . .),
      of some "Higher perspective" or "Higher Self" or
      "Atma-Buddhi" . . .

      But if that's what's happening, (in part, in some sense . .
      .), one might ask how is it that we seem to have an
      "individualistic self-sense" . . . That is, could that
      "individualistic self sense" be, from an alternative
      "Higher perspective," something like a dream (or
      by-productive aspect, or the "ray" of Blavatsky . . .) from
      the point of view of that "Realer we" . . .

      Speculatively,
      Mauri

      PS Really, I was just kidding (on Theos Talk) about being brianmuehlbach
      so as to get some discussions started. Really!