RE: "RACE," and 'ARYAN" Let Us Not Forget

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
      Nov 25 2002

      Dear Friends

      Both the words "race" and "aryan" had special meanings in 1875 /1899
      which do not relate to later history including the period when the
      political party of the Nazis in Germany and elsewhere, appropriations
      of both these terms in the 1930s / 1940s and later, up to our modern
      times.

      The word "Aryan" is from old central Asia and means "noble." The
      ancient Persians were denoted "Iranis" -- and the designation has been
      revived -- " or "Aryans."

      If one goes to the INDEX of The SECRET DOCTRINE (1888) one will find
      adequate references that determine what was meant by H P B when she
      used those terms.

      "Race" was used as a measure of TIME, and the development of certain
      capacities, to which the whole of humanity was subject during the time
      when it went through seven changes during the period of a "GLOBE." A
      "GLOBE' is one seventh of a "ROUND." "Race," as then used by H P B,
      had nothing to do with the color of the skin.

      RACE

      [Complexion and its changes are dealt with in the S D on pages: Vol.
      II, 178, 227, 249-50, 282.]
      [Differences between Races are defined in S D Vol. I xliv; ; II,
      103, 249-50, 607 ]
      [Origins were polygenetic S D I xxxv; 241, 574 ; II 139, 168,
      191fn, 249, 748 ]
      [The dying out of races is explained: S D Vol. II 192, 195-6,
      443-5, 437, 609, 779-80 ]
      [ The earliest races were boneless, ethereal, androgynous, astral, S
      D II 46, 96, 108, 115-7, 131, 134, 149, 151, 160, 174, 191-2, 194,
      294, 583, 635, 704, ]
      [ They were born from the "gods" S D I 323; II 86-7, 164, 198,
      507, 538 ]
      [The effect of isolation on races: S D II 425 ]
      [Hybrid "races" S D II 275, 714, 444 (new race springs from
      hybrids) ]
      ["Inferior" races : S D II 162, 249, 425 (a fallacy), 721, ]
      [Three great "races" only remain: S D II 471fn, 780 ]
      [Our "race" has reached the 5th sub-race S D II 471fn ]
      [Savage besides civilized in all ages S D II 716 ]

      Nowadays we refer to complexion when we mention race, and to physical
      heredity, also to some of the vicissitudes that our ancestors have
      been forced to undergo until a more reasonable sense of human balance
      and equality

      HEREDITY

      [Heredity-- Its causes S D I 223, II 421, ]
      [Biogenetic Law S D II 659, ]
      [Acquired characteristics: S D I 219, 223fn; II 711fn ]
      [Transmission of atoms: S D II 671-2
      [Karma and S D II 178, ]

      ANTHROPOIDS and APES

      [Anthropoids: S D II 688fn, ]
      [Unnatural, accidental creation: S D II 261, ]
      [Origin: S D I 185fn, II 184, 195, 200-1, 262, 286-8, 375, 679,
      688-9 ]
      [Descended from man S D II 185, 187, 287-8, 676, 682, 688fn, ]
      ["Common ancestor ?" S D II 646 ]
      [Some will become "human" in this Round: S D I 184, II
      61-3 ]
      [3rd ROUND ape-man: S D II 730 ]
      [Will die out in our race S D I 184 ]

      ARYAN ( Irani - Persian - Noble )

      [Ancestors (of Egyptians S D II 328, 746 ); (Arabs are later S D
      II 200}
      [Born in the north S D II 426, 768 ]
      [Atlanteans preceded and taught: S D II 144, 266fn, 352, 384,395,
      426, 495, 768, 776, ]
      [Aryan Adepts fought Atlantean sorcerers S D II 225, 384, 495, ]
      [5th race ( S D II 8, 10) is incorrectly called "Aryan" S D II
      433-4 ]
      [Hindu, 1st sub-race of Aryans, almost 1 million years old S D II
      436fn, 449-451, 470-1, 609, ]
      [Negroes, Mongols are of the Aryans S D II 607fn ]
      [Europeans are later "aryans" S D I 425 ]
      [Many colors S D II 249-50, 394, 426, 607fn ]
      [2nd Sub-race built menhirs, etc...S D II 750
      [Present Kali-Yuga is of the Aryans S D I 644-5; II 147fn ]

      These are a few of the many references to pre-history given in The
      SECRET DOCTRINE

      Best wishes,

      Dallas