TS Election - Gold Standard for the office

  • .:.MKR777
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2014
      When we are in the midst of the International Election, Col Olcott is the gold standard we should compare any aspirant to the office of President.

      It is very educative to go back and see why the Inner Founders chose Col Olcott to lead TS. As he himself has stated, he was a man of the world before he got in touch with HPB. But he had such a strength of character and willingness to sacrifice for the good that TS can do. His choice would have shocked any of us used to traditional norms in judging people.

      And he was in the prime of life and in a leap of faith, moved to India, at a time travel to and living conditions in India was hard  - a land about which he knew nothing about.  What TS is today is due to the pioneering work he did in traveling and establishing lodges around the world.

      Here is what Master KH told Sinnett:

      +++
      Colonel Olcott is doubtless "out of tune with the feelings of English people" of both classes; but nevertheless more in tune with us than either.  Him we can trust under all circumstances, and his faithful service is pledged to us come well, come ill. Where can we find an equal devotion?  He is one who never questions, but obeys; who may make innumerable mistakes out of excessive zeal but never is unwilling to repair his fault even at the cost of the greatest self-humiliation; who esteems the sacrifice of comfort and even life something to be cheerfully risked whenever necessary; who will eat any food, or even go without; sleep on any bed, work in any place, fraternise with any outcast, endure any privation for the cause. . .
      +++

      When we cast our ballots, each one of us should make up our own mind based on facts that we know of about the candidates and ignore anyone who tries to influence us.

      MKR