RE: Dallas's "LAWS."

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2002
      March 10, 2002

      Sorry, my friend, I fear you missed the point I tried to make
      clear.

      The point being missed, my meaning is misconstrued.

      I spoke of laws but did not ":make" them. Observation is
      participation it is not creative until such time as thought
      provides a reason for choice. Choice being made in thought, is
      followed by physical action. Then those causes in the thought
      world become objective in the material one and are followed by
      physical results. The chain in either case is complete and
      endlessly continues. This is a universal fact, and far more
      subtle than we realise, as the desire and the thought that
      precede any action are to se looked for and assessed.

      On behalf of Theosophy, and to better express what I feel that I
      owe to its many presentations -- some far superior to mine -- let
      me offer this for consideration.

      Theosophy is a name given to ideas and facts. These, being
      universally verifiable, are the common property of everyone. If
      one desires to argue about this, there is no point in continuing,
      but one might fairly observe that the one who argues proves the
      single point -- Descartes said it so well: " I think, therefore
      I am."

      It is non denominational and in no way claims to be religious, in
      the sense of exacting an expression of "belief" from any one.

      In the 19th Century it was RE-PRESENTED. In plain mater of fact
      the system is as old as the world, and as old as the Universe
      because it is the basis on which the Universes periodically are
      breathed out and then back again into the ABSOLUTENESS.

      In room where thick curtains leave all but a pin-hole through
      which a beam of sunlight may pass, one sees the motes of dust
      that float endlessly on subtle air-currents. Our breath causes
      them to move in groups and describe before our eyes patterns
      analogous to those of the Stars we may see on any clear night.
      The slightest movement of a hand and the influence imparted to
      the air causes those mote to dance in spiral patterns. Our
      breath like a vast tempest causes them to hurry away in all
      directions and to be replaced in that beam by others until a
      degree of tranquility is restored. To the dust-motes we are as
      Gods. To the atoms that continually surround us we are as "Gods."
      We use them and shape them constantly with our hands, with our
      desires, with out thoughts. So we in turn are parts of a till
      vaster scheme. It is meaning and purpose of this that Theosophy
      investigates and then describes. The Scientist, in his
      department, does the same. But the Theosophist seeks for the
      answer that Cause alone will satisfy.

      In Nature, the causal base is always granted. In human affairs
      it is rarely granted or pursued to it logical source. This gives
      rise to the famous expression: "Belief systems." Alone these
      mean nothing. It is their construction that gives them substance
      and holds out to those who view it the logic or illogic of their
      nature and use.

      The Greek words THEO - SOPHIA come, as a designation for use,
      from the times of Pythagoras, as he is the first known (to our
      history) to use it. On examination it will be found that every
      religion we know has sprung from an attempt to reform and return
      to their original purify some earlier expression of religion.

      As examples we see: Christianity arose out of a reform of
      Judaism, Judaism, out of the Egyptian, Greek and ancient
      Zoroastrian and Hindu systems. The correspondences are easily
      traced by those who are not fanatics or dogmatists.

      It is (if you, or any one, will but study it) an impersonal
      expression of the facts and the laws that relate to all
      operations of Nature. It therefore, like a Universal Text-Book,
      provides, non-denominationally, in the fields of philosophy and
      religious doctrine, information that is the common property of
      mankind. Any one who desires to criticize Theosophy has to know
      it --- and as Mme. Blavatsky did: give proof of such erudition
      that they can with great ease draw from the writings of ancient
      "authorities" -- this is not evidence of a "collage," but
      evidence that the universal WISDOMISM ( theosophy) is to be
      traced present in the writings of the past that are respected as
      examples of real thought and impersonal consideration by great
      men and women, philosophers and respected by some as lovers of
      humanity.

      Theosophy is informative. It describes history.

      It describes Evolution in a sweep that encompasses the widest
      possible terms. It speaks of great Laws that encompass the
      Universes and the worlds as also of mankind. But best of all it
      describes these MORAL and ETHICAL qualities that make for the
      best choices that any one can adopt. If anything it restores
      sanity and logic to a world where selfishness and illogic prevail
      widely, if not almost entirely.

      It deals with the eternal progress of very unit of intelligence
      or consciousness in the entire Universe and is not, repeat NOT, a
      matter which permits of individual or special favor. It is
      therefore the embodiment of impersonal and universal justice,
      parity, and mercy.

      It ascribes a CAUSE to every event and declares that all choices
      of any kind will receive results commensurate with their
      motivation. Likewise it declares that underlying all the
      supportive aspects of our world and of matter are the energic
      centers of force and purpose that make it a living and generous
      support system.

      Consequently it ever builds and destroys existing forms that have
      out-lived their usefulness, so as to recreated from the material
      thus liberated, new forms that the immortal spirit innate in
      every form can continue to use constructively. It is ever
      VIRTUOUS in moral terms. It never employs vice or dissimulation.
      Nor does it seek to confuse those who approach its libraries and
      halls of instruction.

      It has done this for countless aeons. It is therefore older than
      the oldest "religion" or "religious-philosophy" in existence. It
      claims to be at their root.-- the "Mother-Doctrine." And, is a
      Statement of facts.

      "Belief" is for those who study it. They (we) may or may not
      accept its tenets. Language and word-expressions are no barriers
      to the ideas they enshrine.

      It synthesizes, just as a chemical nature uses the properties
      inherent in raw materials to extract or to construct such
      materials as are needed. In this case the synthesizer is the
      chemist. In other maters, say an architect, the analogous
      process is used to build a city or a dam, or any useful
      construction needed for human benefit.

      The analyst quibbles over the expressions used, and looses sight
      of the WHOLE.

      Best wishes