Adyar TS presidential elections

  • Sampsa Kuukasjärvi
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 10, 2013

      I heard that the president candidates will be set and known until around January 11. After that there will be the election time of 15 weeks.

      Sampsa

    • .:.MKR777
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 13, 2014
        Some additional info, I have learnt, is that Radha took some actions relative to her personal matters over several months which seems to point out that she was becoming frail and was fully aware of it.

        Today, I just ran into an article by Pedro Oliveira titled Conversations with Radhaji (I have posted a link in a separate msg) in which is related an incident where Krishnaji told Radhaji to close ES.

        In this context, her not nominating her successor seems a deliberate one. Since ES is a legal registered entity with its constitution and bylaws (which are in public domain), they may specify the contingency situation when the OH fails to nominate a successor.

        One thing is clear. In the days to come we will learn more on this situation.

        MKR

        On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Sampsa Kuukasjärvi <sampsa.kuukasjarvi@...> wrote:

        There are circulating interesting rumours about the Esoteric School.

        It is said that Radha should have nominated somebody as her successor in the ES, but she didn't. So allegedly she left the ES without a successor and due to that the ES as an institution was in trouble for a moment. People in the ES didn't know what to do nor if the institution will go on or not...

        Finally some committee chose the new Outer Head of the ES. They say this happened at Adyar a few days before the last international convention. (Btw, the info about the name of the new OH seems to be pretty common now.)

        Why didn't Radha nominate her successor in the ES? There are at least two alternatives:

        Alternative 1) Following J. Krishnamurti's ideas, Radha wanted to cancel the ES. Some people say the ES feeds egoism and creates an unhealthy secret structure inside the democratical TS. I don't know how possible this scenario is. In one phase Radha supported the ES very carefully.

        Alternative 2) Radha wanted to nominate her successor, but she didn't have time to do it, because she didn't think she would pass away soon.

        There are additional interesting rumours. Some people say this was the first time when this kind of committee chose the OH. Some people are not sure how legal choosing that was...

        Let's hope that somebody will confirm this info. I heard this from more than one source.

        2013/12/31 .:.MKR777 <mkr777@...>

        I think it is a very good news. Some times, strange are the ways that event develop and in hind sight we see the wisdom in such developments.

        MKR

        On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Sampsa Kuukasjärvi <sampsa.kuukasjarvi@...> wrote:

        It is said that the new Outer Head has been chosen some days before the international convention. If the grapevine about the elected person is true, the OH is not running for TS presidency. That would be an excellent thing.

        2013/11/24 .:.MKR777 <mkr777@...>

        The issue of head of ES also being the President, presents a valid and very important issue.

        Once one joins ES, directly or indirectly, members seem to go  silent from expressing their free opinion on all matters of administration and policy in the TS.

        Also cross membership in 'unallied' 'unconnected' activities such as Free Masonry and LLC may also seem to play a role in making members silent. You will rarely see these issues discussed on Internet Forums.

        During last election, we saw how most of the leaders world wide and members were silent. No one dared to offer any critical comments.

        We also noticed the absence of most leaders and members in Internet Forums and participating in discussions. One wonders if they all got the cue from the top and followed suit.

        It also may be recalled that once Annie Besant commented that every member of the GC was a member of ES. We do not know if this is the case now and there is no reason to doubt it.

        Let us wait and see how the nominations turn out to be and who finally gets elected.

        MKR

        On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Sampsa Kuukasjärvi <sampsa.kuukasjarvi@...> wrote:

        I think the next Outer Head of the Esoteric School should not be running for presidency. If he will be, all members (voters) should know it; otherwise it is illegal influence from the ES.

        The role of the Esoteric School on the background of the Adyar TS is one issue that leaders have not dared discuss.

        2013/11/20 .:.MKR777 <mkr777@...>

        Me too am interested in candidates and non candidates working in the background. In many sections, there are too many new members who have no clue to the candidates and they are taken advantage of by (1) knowing about the candidates only when they get their ballots and (2) associating known names as sponsors of candidates. Of course, some electioneering is likely going on in informal way using the connections in the officially unrelated but really related organizations such as the ES, Masonry and LCC. But no one in these entities is going to talk for fear of reprisals from the leaders in them. We also should be kept tuned for crumbs of info from candidates who are masters at making others talk for them.

        Those who have in the past toured the Indian Section are likely to have better chance of getting the job due to the large Indian Section membership.

        Let us keep tuned.............

        MKR

        MKR

        On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Jayananda Hiranandani <professorjaya@...> wrote:

        Who will be the next TS President should be a question in the minds of many people.

        Who are the potential condidates campaining among the memebrship either by personal contact through lecture tours or mass contact through email, videos, etc.

        Jayananda Hiranandani

        On Monday, November 18, 2013 7:50 PM, .:.MKR777 <mkr777@...> wrote:

        On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Sampsa Kuukasjärvi <sampsa.kuukasjarvi@...> wrote:

        In my opinion there are two very strong candidates. They have travelled much, are known on all continents and they have lived at Adyar for years. They are not very old; under sixty both. They are a couple. At this moment they live in Australia. So now everybody guesses whom I am thinking. :)

        We will have to see how the nominations stack up. With one vote for one GC member, no one should be surprised if there are some surprising black horses in the race. I am sure that there are many aspiring candidates for the job - each one for their own reason.

        My only hope is we do not see an octogenerian candidate who is too old and who cannot travel and lecture. (There may be those who argue that these have all the wisdom that can be used by TS).

        Even with Internet and other modes of communication, there is no substitute for the President visiting lodges world wide see for himself or herself what is going on. For the past decade, even in the USA, rarely we have seen the elected leaders travel and lecture in lodges.

        Of course, in India there are good candidates, but in my understanding they are not known very well in other countries. Some who are known, are too aged or are not running for presidency, like P. Krishna or Ravi Ravindra. In Europe there is strong Kim-Dieu, but she is not very known elsewhere.

        Again, the issue of health and be able to travel is crucial. Of course the credibility of the candidate in the minds of the members is also key. I would not like to see any of those who were involved in the failed electioneering in 2008 and the followup failed ultra secret disenfranchisement attempt run for the office since they have already shown their mind set with regard to the election of the President.

        I hope that in the game there will be also some young aces like Pablo from Argentina... :) We need a young president.

        Oratorical skill is critical for the next president. Both Olcott and Besant were good lecturers and during their time TS grew far and wide. I hope we find someone who is a good orator. In this context, Benjamin Disraeli comes to my mind. He became the Prime Minister because of his oratorical ability.

        2013/11/10 .:.MKR777 <mkr777@...>

        Thanks.
        It would be very interesting. There was no succession planning and any candidate is going have a tough time in picking up and moving forward. Hope another septua or octo generian does not succeed.
        MKR