Re: Invitation from H.P. Blavatsky museum center, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukrain

  • Mark Jaqua
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2013
      Good luck with your efforts on this. I think I saw an interesting youtube on it. It seems to me that a secret is for people to do it themselves instead of always looking for more funding like we all do. Aren't there any willing volunteers or blue-collar theosophists around? Many things people can do themselves even if not skilled, or learn to do from books if the regulations aren't too tight or too technical. But people in charge or those in control are often aghast at such an idea because they have other motivations below the surface. I once worked at a charity with a large building in dire need of painting. I offered to paint it myself, which I was well-able to do and they knew it. But they made fun of me and ignored me - because they wanted to get the big bucks of gov't funding - for what reasons?........
      - jake j.

      -----------------
      Posted by: "Konstantin Zaitzev" kay_ziatz@... kay_ziatz
      Date: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:19 am ((PDT))

      >Dear friends,
      Many of you know Dnepropetrovsk, the birthplace of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, and have been there.
      In the main manor house on Peterburgska str. (now 11, Leningradskaya str.), where she was born, the museum center of H.P. Blavatsky and her family is being created now. In the end of 2004 the house was handed over to the Yavornitsky National Historical >Museum of Dnepropetrovsk in a deplorable condition, with disrupted communications and mains and leaking roof. During the subsequent years, thanks to the efforts of the museum and the aid of friends and concerned public the roof was repaired, all mains except heating were restored, the warm box for the museum guards was constructed, the furniture and equipment were bought, and a pilot exhibition was created.
      >The authorities of Dnepropetrovsk district support the museum center insufficiently for a full restoration of the memorial house and development of the project as a scientific, museum and tourist center of international significance. Unfortunately no sponsor of Ukrainian and foreign wealthy people and like-minded organizations is found to date yet.
      This year, thanks to the support of friends, preparation of the construction documents for the restoration of the memorial house will be completed, in order to attract public funding or private investors. Unfortunately, the hope for help of state institutions wanes every day: the story of the restoration of the Museum Center of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky and her family is being continued for 20 years already and threatens to drag in time for another decade, while house is degrading.
      >Today the house is in a condition that requires a series of works for its preservation. H.P. Blavatsky Museum today needs our help! We appeal to everyone who isn't indifferent to the fate of this place which is memorable to all seekers of Truth:
      >Since 3th till 11th August 2013 the extensive volunteer works will be conducted in order to preserve the memorial house, to improve its condition and appearance. Volunteers from Russia, Ukraine and other countries shall take part.
      The following works are proposed: the cleaning and reparation of the roof, antifungal processing of the walls, renovation of the rooms and windows, attic and basement release of garbage.
      >Everyone who wish is welcome to join this noble work and to contribute to the reconstruction of the H.P. Blavatsky Museum Center.
      >The works are expected to be completed by August 12th, 2013, to the 182th birthday of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky and timed to coincide with the annual scientific lectures which will take place in the Museum Center.
      >If you have any questions, please contact the project coordinators in Dnepropetrovsk and Moscow.

      >Museum Address: Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, Leningradskaya, 11.
      Museum website: http://museum-blavatsky.com.ua/ru/
      Project coordinators:

      Date: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:22 am ((PDT))

      >I'm sorry, contact emails were blocked by yahoo system
      Once again:

      >Museum Address: Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, Leningradskaya, 11.
      Museum website: http://museum-blavatsky.com.ua/ru/
      Project coordinators:

      >The Museum Center of Blavatsky and her family
      - Yulia Revenko info [at] museum-blavatsky.com.ua
      Moscow Theosophical Society
      - Alexey Besputin besputin [at] mail.ru

    • Konstantin Zaitzev
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2013
        --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Jaqua" <hozro@...> wrote:

        > themselves instead of always looking for more funding like we all
        > do. Aren't there any willing volunteers or blue-collar
        > theosophists around? Many things people can do themselves even if
        > not skilled

        The volunteers will come mainly from Russia and Ukraine. But I think that there are not much volunteers at the place. Otherwise they could translate this letter into English themselves instead of asking me to do so.
        As far I know, the relationships of the HPB Museum center and local theosophical lodge are somewhat complicated, and I understand the reasons of the lodge.
        Nevertheless we here in Moscow are collaborating with the both groups.

        ---
        see my videos @ http://www.youtube.com/user/kayziatz