ROMAN CATHOLICISM - should it be avoided ?

  • M. Sufilight
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013
      Dear friends

      My views are:

      ROMAN CATHOLICISM
      LECTURE III, Dornach, June 6, 1920
      "Why am I telling you these things, my dear friends? So that you may not take the matter too lightly. For in our anthroposophical spiritual science it is verily not a question of the sort of things which go on, for instance in the Theosophical Society. That the Theosophical Society is not to be taken seriously is clearly to be seen from the fact that one day it came to accept by a majority the whole farce of Krishnamurti as the reborn Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Such a comedy is only based on hypocrisy, even though this hypocrisy be taken seriously by many. But what should grow on the soil of Anthroposophy, of spiritual science, should be a search for truth, sincere through and through. It is therefore something which, as the Catholic Church is well aware, penetrates behind the scenes, to what must not be discovered if that church is to maintain the dominion in the world to which she lays claim.
      All that I am now saying is simply to show you that these things may not be taken lightly. For it must be recognized that the Catholic Church has shown great foresight. Though the individual sheep follows the lead and merely obeys orders, though he may be ignorant of what this systematic lying means for the whole evolution of mankind � though the individual knows nothing and does as he is told, the whole system is thoroughly well established, for the lying will be believed by large numbers."
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/RomCathol/19200606p01.html

      Was Rudolf Steiner right in the particular views stated in the above?
      How does the Theosophical Society safeguard or relate to the fact that fanatical religious promulgations might occur because various Teachers of the Theosphical Society seek to promulgate such fanatical behaviour and thereby bigotry, either consciously or unconsciously?

      M. Sufilight

    • Cass Silva
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013
        Yes, imo,he was spot on.
        Cass

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 16, 2013
          On 6/15/2013 9:02 PM, Cass Silva wrote:

          > Yes, imo,he was spot on.

          He also threw the first object out the window.

          Bart

        • M. Sufilight
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 16, 2013
            A few views...

            The Statutes of the Anthoposophical Society
            "The Society persues its tasks and goals according to the Principles given to it by Rudolf Steiner and accepted by the members at the Foundation Meeting at Christmas 1923. In accordance with these tasks, it is the concern of the Society to cultivate artistic, scientific and educational activities, and in particular to maintain the Goetheanum in Dornach as a School of Spiritual Science."
            http://www.goetheanum.org/The-Statutes.256.0.html?&L=1
            http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/Statut_index.html

            The School of Spiritual Science
            http://www.goetheanum.org/School-of-Spiritual-Science.300.0.html?&L=1

            Principles of the Anthroposophical Society
            "4. The Anthroposophical Society is in no sense a secret society, but is entirely public. Anyone can become a member, without regard to nationality, social standing, religion, scientific or artistic conviction, who considers as justified the existence of an institution such as the Goetheanum in Dornach, in its capacity as a School of Spiritual Science. The Anthroposophical Society rejects any kind of sectarian activity. Party politics it considers not to be within its task."
            http://www.goetheanum.org/The-Statutes.256.0.html?&L=1

            So I will let the readers draw their own conclusions. The question is whether "The School of Spiritual Science" is sectarian or not, and the word sectarian really covers?

            M. Sufilight

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 16, 2013
              No doubt one of the reasons for the split!  If a brotherhood couldn't be formed within the TS what hope outside of it!

              Cass

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 16, 2013
                The General Anthroposophical Society is, “an association of people whose will it is to nurture the life of the soul, both in the individual and in human society, on the basis of a true knowledge of the spiritual world.” The Society is public, without political agenda or religious affiliation. Its activity is seen today in independent national societies and initiatives throughout the world, with members from all cultures and continents.

                The aim of the Society, the School of Spiritual Science and the Goetheanum is to make a spiritually based contribution to the life of humanity in the world of today and tomorrow.

                Cass :One could argue that as this society disassociated itself from any political agenda or religious affiliation it is non-sectarian.

                ________________________________

                He also threw the first object out the window.

                Bart

              • Mark Jaqua
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 17, 2013
                  Blavatsky Prophecy on Roman Church

                  "A day will come when Oriental Esotericism will render the same service to Christian Europe as Apollonius of Tyana rendered at Corinth to his disciple Menippus. The golden wand will be stretched out towards the Church of Rome, and the ghoul which has vampirized the civilized peoples since Constantine will resume its spectral, demoniacal form of incubus and succubus. So may it be! Om mani padme hum!" - H.P. Blavatsky, BCW 9, p. 387.

                  Apollonius revealed Menippus's betrothed to be a succubus in human form. (from Aveline)

                  - jake j.

                  ---------------
                  Posted by: "Cass Silva" silva_cass@... silva_cass
                  Date: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm ((PDT))

                  ________________________________

                  LECTURE III, Dornach, June 6, 1920
                  >"Why am I telling you these things, my dear friends? So that you may not take the matter too lightly. For in our anthroposophical spiritual science it is verily not a question of the sort of things which go on, for instance in the Theosophical Society. That the Theosophical Society is not to be taken seriously is clearly to be seen from the fact that one day it came to accept by a majority the whole farce of Krishnamurti as the reborn Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Such a comedy is only based on hypocrisy, even though this hypocrisy be taken seriously by many. But what should grow on the soil of Anthroposophy, of spiritual science, should be a search for truth, sincere through and through. It is therefore something which, as the Catholic Church is well aware, penetrates behind the scenes, to what must not be discovered if that church is to maintain the dominion in the world to which she lays claim.
                  All that I am now saying is simply to show you that these things may not be taken lightly. For it must be recognized that the Catholic Church has shown great foresight. Though the individual sheep follows the lead and merely obeys orders, though he may be ignorant of what this systematic lying means for the whole evolution of mankind - though the individual knows nothing and does as he is told, the whole system is thoroughly well established, for the lying will be believed by large numbers."
                  http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/RomCathol/19200606p01.html

                  >Was Rudolf Steiner right in the particular views stated in the above?
                  How does the Theosophical Society safeguard or relate to the fact that fanatical religious promulgations might occur because various Teachers of the Theosphical Society seek to promulgate such fanatical behaviour and thereby bigotry, either consciously or unconsciously?

                  >M. Sufilight

                • M. Sufilight
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 17, 2013
                    Dear Cass and all readers

                    My views are:

                    Perhaps.

                    The intentions seem noble, but are not clearly being followed up in the School of Spiritual Science as far as I can read it.
                    But the following link seem clearly to lead to a certain doctrine being forwarded as a teaching within the Anthroposophical Society.
                    Well as I see it.

                    The School of Spiritual Science
                    http://www.goetheanum.org/School-of-Spiritual-Science.300.0.html?&L=1

                    The above leads to the following in the first link in the main text.

                    General Anthroposophical Section
                    (With a teaching covering the Steiner teachings and nothing else, as far as I can see.)
                    http://www.goetheanum.org/General-Anthroposophical-Section.65.0.html?&L=1

                    When this happens (ie. the forwarding of a certain given teaching within the particular organization) without a free comparative study based on altruism we have a sectarian Society to the best of my understanding of the term "Sectarian." (This can be compared as a deviation of the non-sectarian concept given in the original Consitution and Rules in the Theosophical Society as of 1890, Article XIII, 2).

                    Others however define the term sectarian in a different manner, perhaps because they find it good marketing.
                    But the organizational concept of Freedom of Thought, ie. Article XIII, 2 in the original Consitution and Rules in the Theosophical Society as of 1890 is a more ethical and altruistic concept, when one seek to promulgate altruism in stead of a belief in a certain doctrine, with karma, spiritual hierarchies etc., etc - which somewhat ackwardly is called science.

                    So, yes the first object of the TS in its original Constituion and Rules is not being followed very well.

                    But these are merely my views.

                    M. Sufilight