Re: theos-talk Sufilight on "a narrow focus"

  • M. Sufilight
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013
      Well okay.

      I tend to ask:
      So what do we ethically do about such a possible existence of such Masters?
      Or the perhaps the fact about their existence?

      M. Sufilight

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013
        So what are you asking?

        "...what do we ethically do...." ???

        It's not clear to me what you are asking...not clear
        at all....

        --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "M. Sufilight" <global-theosophy@...> wrote:

        > Well okay.
        >
        > I tend to ask:
        > So what do we ethically do about such a possible existence of such Masters?
        > Or the perhaps the fact about their existence?
        >

        > M. Sufilight

      • M. Sufilight
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013
          Let me rephrase my question:
          How does one promulgate altruism, while having in mind the possible existence of such Masters?

          M. Sufilight

          It's not clear to me what you are asking...not clear
          at all....

          --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "M. Sufilight" <global-theosophy@...> wrote:

          > Well okay.
          >
          > I tend to ask:
          > So what do we ethically do about such a possible existence of such Masters?
          > Or the perhaps the fact about their existence?
          >

          > M. Sufilight

        • M. Sufilight
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013
            Dear Daniel and all readers

            My views are:

            St. Germian and Blavatsky?
            I thought you knew about it better than I do. You have after all more of the material in your possession than I have. Smile.

            Allow me to ask a question in return, which I do not know if you would like to answer:
            Why do you ask this question? Is it important?

            _________________

            All right here are some of my thoughts on the subject in mention...

            I have not seen any paper where Blavatsky says, that she had meet St. Germain. Only papers where she claim that she knew that he was an Adept and the greatest Adept in Europe in the 18th century. And when Blavatsky says she know something, so often really do know. That is at least my experience.
            Yet Blavatsky somewhere claimed contact with several Masters not only KH and Morya, and not all of them only being active in the Himalayas or the areas of Tibet. (Maybe someone can find the quotes...One of them is here: "THE THEOSOPHICAL MAHATMAS", BCW. Vol. VII, p. 241-249.)

            David Pratt has written some words about the St. Germain:
            (I will let the readers of it all throw the parts away they would like to disregard and keep those parts they find useful. David Pratt says, that Blavatsky never wrote in print that St. Germain was her teacher or that he was a "Master" - but in stead that he was an Adept.)
            http://davidpratt.info/st-germain1.htm#s0

            Count de Saint Germain
            "Two Messengers of the White Lodge" By H.S. Olcott
            [Reprinted from The Theosophist July 1905]; Theosophical Publishing House - Adyar, Chennai (Madras) India
            "Take for example the quotation made by Mrs Cooper-Oakley from the "Souvenirs de Marie-Antoinette." by the Countess d' Adhemar, who had been an intimate friend of the Queen and who died in 1822. She is giving an interesting account of an interview between Her Majesty, the Count de Maurepas, herself and St-Germain. The last-named had paid Mme D'Adhemar a visit of momentous importance to the Royal family and to France, had departed and the minister, M. de. Maurepas, had come in and was slandering St-Germain outrageously, calling him a rogue and a charlatan. Just as he had said that he would send him to the Bastille, the door opened and St-Germain entered, to the consternation of M. de Maurepas and the great surprise of the Countess. Stepping majestically up to the Minister, St-Germain warned him that he was ruining both monarchy and kingdom by his incapacity and stubborn vanity, and ended with these words: "Expect no homage from posterity, frivolous and incapable Minister! You will be ranked among those who cause the ruin of empires." . . . "M. De Saint-Germain, having spoken thus without taking breath, turned towards the door again, shut it and disappeared. . . All efforts to find the Count failed," Compare this with the several disappearances of H.P.B. in and near Karli Caves and elsewhere, and see how the two agents of the Brotherhood employed identical means for making themselves invisible at the critical moment."
            "we have, in Mrs Cooper-Oakley's article, a quotation from Grafer's "Memoirs," the statement that St-Germain told him and Baron Linden that he should disappear from Europe at about the end of the 18th century, and betake himself to the region of the Himalayas, adding: "I will rest; I must rest. Exactly in eighty-five years will people again set eyes on me. Farewell, I love you." The date of this interview may be deduced approximately from another article in the same volume, where it is said: "St-Germain was in the year 1788, or 1789, or 1790, in Vienna, where we had the never-to-be-forgotten honour of meeting him." If we take the first date, then eighty-five years would bring us to 1873, when H.P.B. came to New York to find me; if the second, then the eighty-five years would coincide with our meeting at Chittenden; if the third, that marks the date of the foundation of the Theosophical Society and the commencement of the writing of Isis Unveiled, in which work, as above stated, I am persuaded that St-Germain was one of the collaborators."
            http://www.theosophical.org/component/content/article/65-olcott/1864

            Well the above are at least some of the more interesting parts of words given by one of the Co-Founders of the Theosophical Society.
            And Olcott, who was close to Blavatsky, here in his old age claim that the Count of St. Germain likely was involved in the book named Isis Unveiled.
            He bases this on quite minor or very small indications it seems. Maybe Olcott knew more than he was willing to tell???
            And my own knowledge on this, well that is just my own knowledge, and who cares...Smile.

            But maybe you who has access to more material than I have in the physical can reveal more on this subject, which seem to have your interest for some reason or the other.

            Sorry if it was a boring answer to some of you.
            I am myself much more interested in how we promulgate altruism and a Universal Brotherhood of Humanity through a non-sectarian concept.

            Are there more questions?

            All the above are merely my views.

            M. Sufilight

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013
              Morton, from the notes here we can see that the esoteric, latterly Arcane section of the TS was founded to promote true brotherhood and the deeper study of the teachings 'on the ORIGINAL LINES' of the TS. Thus all the original intentions of the TS were restarted as they should be and were intended to be under direction of KH and HPB.

              The deeper study of the teachings plus the consideration of the hierarchy of Masters, as KH instructed, is what matters in an esoteric school. It is according to HPB ignorance as to the fact of the existence of the Masters that time will overcome.

              When the term non sectarian was used for exoteric TS it meant it held no bias to a particular religion or philosophy and thus exclusion of others. That does not apply to holding a recognition as to the fact of the Masters which KH and HPB were both for and not against. However, if the Masters are rejected by a student it was recognised by HPB and AAB that it was due to the stage of the student.

              If a student entered an esoteric school they would have either a reverence and love of the Masters, or an open mind as to their existence and possibility. On application to HPB each member would be examined as to fitness by the board, at that time. HPB also said it was open only to those "whose souls are full of altruism, charity,
              and love for the whole creation". JPC.

              THE ESOTERIC
              SECTION OF THE THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
              Owing to the fact that a large number of
              Fellows of the Society have felt the necessity for the formation of a
              body of Esoteric students, to be organized on the ORIGINAL LINES devised
              by the real founders of the T.S., the following order has been issued by
              the President Founder:�
              I. To promote the esoteric interests of
              the Theosophical Society by the deeper study of esoteric philosophy,
              there is hereby organized a body, to be known as the �Esoteric Section
              of the Theosophical Society.�
              II. The constitution and sole direction
              of the same is vested in Madame H. P. Blavatsky, as its Head; she is
              solely responsible to the Members for results; and the section has no
              official or corporate connection with the Exoteric Society save in the
              person of the President-Founder.
              III. Persons wishing to join the Section,
              and willing to abide by its rules, should communicate directly with:
              Mme. H. P. BLAVATSKY, 17 Lansdowne Road, Holland Park, London, W.
              (Signed) H. S. OLCOTT,

              President in Council.

              Attest:�H. P. BLAVATSKY.
              [Lucifer, Vol. III, No. 14, October,
              1888, p. 176]

              H.P. BLAVATSKY ON THE ESOTERIC SECTION
              "... a new Section---the Esoteric Section
              of the T.S.---has just been established and announced in 'Lucifer' No.
              14. This gives me work to do more than ever, for I am the sole
              responsible Head of it, and am independent of the Adyar administration �
              save the Prest Founder. Such a Section was clamoured for, for a long
              time, but Col. Olcott preferred to leave all the Branches exoteric for
              fear of some new conspiracy against Theosophy and myself. However, while
              on his way to Europe a day from Brindisi he received a letter from one
              of the Masters ... with instructions. Regardless of the sneers and
              insults from scoffers which were sure to come down on his head, his love
              of justice forced him to publish those portions of it that concerned me
              personally and determined my position in the T.S. I enclose it. It was
              printed in 'Lucifer' in a very fragmentary state...."
              H.P. Blavatsky

              Letter dated Oct.-Nov., 1888

              "As this degree is probationary it is to
              prove & try & select out of the mass of Theosophists those who really
              have at heart the true desire to go forward & to benefit the race. Time
              enough to issue orders for blind execution when I have those chelas who
              can execute them.
              "Yet this degree is very serious, in
              this, that it begins at the foundation & is a necessary step in
              theosophic development. All will receive as they deserve...
              "One question: if you were ill & called a
              physician, w'd you not obey his orders? If you learnt a language w'd you
              not follow the directions of your professor; & if a soldier in the army
              those of your superior? Of course one who joins must have confidence in
              me otherwise better he should never join at all."
              H.P. Blavatsky

              Letter dated Dec. 13, 1888http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.esotericsectiontheosocblavatsky.1.htm

            • Augoeides-222@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 14, 2013
                Hi all,

                    Put this in your hat and  smoke it and compere to the Secret Doctrine Globe Rounds of samsara of the worlds of the Hierarchy.

                Cosmogony -- Matter Map of the Universe 2013

                >>>http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/A_Video_Map_of_Motions_in_the_Nearby_Universe_999.html<<<

                John

> [...]

                                this, that it begins at the foundation & is a necessary step in
                                theosophic development. All will receive as they deserve...
                                "One question: if you were ill & called a
                                physician, w'd you not obey his orders? If you learnt a language w'd you
                                not follow the directions of your professor; & if a soldier in the army
                                those of your superior? Of course one who joins must have confidence in
                                me otherwise better he should never join at all."
                                H.P. Blavatsky

                                Letter dated Dec. 13, 1888http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.esotericsectiontheosocblavatsky.1.htm

                > To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
                > From: global-theosophy@...
                > Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:32:53 +0200
                > Subject: Re: theos-talk Re: Sufilight on "a narrow focus"
                >
                > Let me rephrase my question:
                > How does one promulgate altruism, while having in mind the possible existence of such Masters?

              • M. Sufilight
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 14, 2013
                  Dear Jeremy and all readers

                  My views are:

                  So you forward the idea that the absolutely non-sectarian Exoteric
                  Theosophical Society as given in the years 1888-1890 or before or a similar
                  organization based on the similar - original - non-sectarian organizational
                  structure should be closed down?
                  If not, how should we else understand your views?

                  __________

                  How can an Alice A. Bailey esoteric Arcane School as an organization with
                  the objects of promulgation altruism
                  (selfless service for others), while seeking to establish a Universal
                  Brotherhood of Humanity (not multiple sects
                  apart from each other), - claim to seek --- to reconcile all religions,
                  sects and nations under a common system of ethics, based on eternal
                  verities. (See Key to Theosophy, p. 2-3) - without - givning emphasis on the
                  importance of an Absolutely Exoteric non-sectarian organization similar to
                  the Constitution and Rules of the Theosophical Society given in 1888-1890???

                  This is the central question, which I experience most Alice A. Bailey
                  followers do not understand the importance of - while they claim the Lucis
                  Trust with its Esoteric Aracane School is non-sectarian.

                  If the Lucis Trust claim the same as the original Exoteric Theosophical
                  Society with regard to non-sectarian organizationl structure, why do they
                  not seek to at least affiliate themselves with all the other theosophical
                  related organizations who claim the very same thing?
                  And why do the theosophical related organizations who claim this very same
                  thing not seek to affiliate themselves with others having the same views?

                  Is it no because they in fact are sectarian and not non-sectarian?

                  Those Alice A. Bailey followers, who do not answer such central questions,
                  will have to understand that some of us find that silence speaks.
                  All the above are merely my questions and views.

                  M. Sufilight