". . . true Theosophists will never accept ...a Christ made Flesh. . . "

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2013
      H.P. Blavatsky wrote in December 1887:

      "In CARNALIZING the central figure of the New Testament, in imposing
      the dogma of the Word MADE FLESH, the Latin Church sets up a doctrine
      diametrically opposed to the tenets of Buddhist and Hindu Esotericism
      and the Greek Gnosis. Therefore, there will always be an abyss
      between the East and the West, as long as neither of these dogmas
      yields. Almost 2,000 years of bloody persecution against HERETICS
      and INFIDELS by the Church looms before the Oriental nations to
      prevent them from renouncing their philosophic doctrines in favor of
      that which degrades the CHRISTOS principle. [372-373]

      ...when one legend based upon these mysteries attempts to arrogate
      exclusive rights to itself above all the rest; when it declares
      itself an infallible dogma to force the popular faith into a dead
      letter belief, to the detriment of the true metaphysical meaning,
      such legend must be denounced, its veil torn away, and itself
      displayed in its nakedness to the world! [374]. . .

      Whether it be Krishna, Buddha, Sosiosh, Horus or Christos, it is a
      universal PRINCIPLE. . .

      ...the Christians, by localizing and isolating this great Principle,
      and denying it to any other man except Jesus of Nazareth (or the
      Nazar), CARNALIZE the Christos of the Gnostics; that alone prevents
      them having any point in common with the disciples of the Archaic
      Wisdom. . . . [374]

      . . . I have not the slightest intention of hurting the feelings of
      those who believe in Jesus, the carnalized Christ, but I feel myself
      compelled to emphasize our own belief. . . .

      . . . It is in this ancient wisdom, and in the Christos of the
      Gnostics under its various names, that the Theosophists, disciples of
      the Mahatmas, believe. . . . [385]

      . . . true Theosophists will never accept ...a Christ made
      Flesh. . . .[390]

      Quoted from H.P. Blavatsky's COLLECTED WRITINGS, Volume VIII.

      H. P. Blavatsky in her E.S. Instruction No. I., 1889 wrote:

      ". . . A new and rapidly growing danger. . . is threatening . . . the
      spread of the pure Esoteric Philosophy and knowledge. . . . I
      allude to those charlatanesque imitations of Occultism and
      Theosophy. . . . By pandering to the prejudices of people, and
      especially by adopting the FALSE IDEAS of a personal God and A
      PERSONAL, CARNALIZED SAVIOUR, as the groundwork of their teaching,
      the leaders of this 'swindle' (for such it is) are endeavoring to
      draw men to them and in particular to turn Theosophists from the true
      path." Caps added.

      "Wherever [genuine] Theosophy spreads, there it is impossible for the
      deluded to mislead, or the deluded to follow. It opens a new path, a
      forgotten philosophy which has lived through the ages, a knowledge of
      the psychic nature of man, which reveals alike the true status of the
      Catholic saint, and the spiritualistic medium the Church condemns. It
      gathers reformers together, throws light on their way, and teaches
      them how to work towards a desirable end with most effect, but
      forbids any to assume a crown or sceptre, and no less delivers from a
      futile crown of thorns. Mesmerisms and astral influences fall back,
      and the sky grows clear enough for higher light. It hushes the "Lo
      here! and lo there!" and declares the Christ, like the kingdom of
      heaven, to be within. It guards and applies every aspiration and
      capacity to serve humanity in any man, and shows him how. It
      overthrows the giddy pedestal, and safely cares for the human being
      on solid ground. Hence, in this way, and in all other ways, it is the
      truest deliverer and saviour of our time."
      Quoted from:
      MODERN APOSTLES AND PSEUDO-MESSIAHS
      by H. P. Blavatsky
      http://blavatsky.net/blavatsky/arts/ModernApostlesAndPseudoMessiahs.htm

      ". . . "the coming of Christ," means the presence of CHRISTOS in a
      regenerated world, and not at all the actual coming in body
      of "Christ" Jesus; . . . this Christ is to be sought neither in the
      wilderness nor "in the inner chambers," nor in the sanctuary of any
      temple or church built by man; for Christ--the true esoteric SAVIOUR--
      is no man, but the DIVINE PRINCIPLE in every human being. He who
      strives to resurrect the Spirit crucified in him by his own
      terrestrial passions, and buried deep in the "sepulchre" of his
      sinful flesh; he who has the strength to roll back the stone of
      matter from the door of his own inner sanctuary, he has the risen
      Christ in him. The "Son of Man" is no child of the bond-woman--flesh,
      but verily of the free-woman--Spirit, the child of man's own deeds,
      and the fruit of his own spiritual labour."

      "Many and many a time the warning about the "false Christs" and
      prophets who shall lead people astray has been interpreted by
      charitable Christians, the worshippers of the dead-letter of their
      scripture, as applying to mystics generally, and Theosophists most
      especially. The recent work by Mr. Pember, "Earth's Earliest Ages,"
      is a proof of it. Nevertheless, it seems very evident that the words
      in Matthew's Gospel and others can hardly apply to Theosophists. For
      these were never found saying that Christ is "Here" or "There," in
      wilderness or city, and least of all in the "inner chamber" behind
      the altar of any modern church. Whether Heathen or Christian by
      birth, they refuse to materialise and thus degrade that which is the
      purest and grandest ideal--the symbol of symbols--namely, the
      immortal Divine Spirit in man, whether it be called Horus, Krishna,
      Buddha, or Christ."
      Quoted from:
      THE ESOTERIC CHARACTER OF THE GOSPELS
      by H.P. Blavatsky
      http://blavatsky.net/blavatsky/arts/EsotericCharacterOfTheGospels.htm

    • Jeremy Condick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2013
        A few facts about AAB. She did write about the cosmic Christ and of Jesus Christ both about which HPB also wrote upon. In history there were many sun gods or saviours and they were incarnated cyclically and brought a message and teachings of an esoteric nature or varying levels.

        Jesus was overshadowed by the Christ some two thousand years ago approximately give or take the odd century of which makes no difference to an esotericist. It is a fact that he Christ did incarnate through the Master Jesus thus demonstrating the journey of Initiation to humanity and teaching his disciples as HPB informs. They were esoteric teachings and true Christianity is indicated and not churchianity or dodmatised theology although there are members of hierarchy being themselves disciples that work in the various churches working hard to preserve the ancient mysteries and as part of the inner church to await the day of further restoration of those mysteries of occult teachings and restore the minor initiations to humanity in person when the time comes. This is part of the great 'restoration of the mysteries' as partially indicated by HPB.

        There was no decision that HPB knew of that the Christ, which is a term of office and rank, that he would appear again before humanity at some point in the nearer future. That decision was made by the Christ a seventh degree Initiate and the second phase of the three phase instalment of esoteric wisdom was made by the Tibetan DK under conclave agreement of the planetary council. Thus much information on the true and esoteric office and plans and history past and present and some future details were made public.

        Some other disciples also brought what they understood by way of their intuition and inner teaching. This is a fact and it would be the part of wisdom to at least accept in hypothetical manner the possibility that the teachings of the second phase occultism is truth and accurate and to accept the reality of the Christ and his teachings as head of hierarchy and world teacher and personal Master of Chohan KH who is the next in line for that office of World Teacher.

        DK as a fifth degree Master accepted his duty and presented the wisdom under their oversight. The decision was made for a full incarnation to be made at an appropriate time according to world conditions allowing. No dogma is made or intended and it is simply a fact of hierarchical decision and one that should not be lightly rejected by the open minded theosophist not relying on old information on misinterpretation of old discordance by east and west. The east and west will, conditions permitting, be united and the two brothers the Christ and the Buddha will work for its resolution.

        No degradation of the Christos principle is ever made by AAB who endorses and upholds its absolute reality. To Carnalize through dogma is in no part what DK has done but only to bring the facts of a high member of hierarchy. It is not the Latin church that has brought the esoteric words of AAB or DK so the passage is impotent and misplaced and renders all said on this matter by HPB irrelevant to the work of the Tibetan Master. HPB brought the fact of the inner Christ in man but could not bring the fact of The Christ as head of hierarchy directly. Hierarchy does not stand still and the heads make decisions and bring further facts as HPB told us would happen.

        This should be considered as a possible reality and in the light of wisdom be considered as a great and actual truth. It is hierarchy that brings this information on the Christ emphasising love and true brotherhood, and not orthodox theologians "the christians" and this is the distinction not emphasised or been attempted to do so Daniel. So again, the quotes are redundant and misappropriated in their application. The making available of numerous theosophical texts is appreciated, even if the direction against AAB is useful only for proving as poorly presented as has been the case on this forum. In appreciation. JPC.

        > "In CARNALIZING the central figure of the New Testament, in imposing
        > the dogma of the Word MADE FLESH, the Latin Church sets up a doctrine
        > diametrically opposed to the tenets of Buddhist and Hindu Esotericism
        > and the Greek Gnosis. Therefore, there will always be an abyss
        > between the East and the West, as long as neither of these dogmas
        > yields. Almost 2,000 years of bloody persecution against HERETICS
        > and INFIDELS by the Church looms before the Oriental nations to
        > prevent them from renouncing their philosophic doctrines in favor of
        > that which degrades the CHRISTOS principle. [372-373]

        "We beg the reader to remember that we do not mean by Christianity the teachings of Christ, but those of his alleged servants -- the clergy." HPB. ISIS[[Vol. 2, Page]] 374.

        "For the teachings of Christ were occult teachings, which could only be explained at the initiation. They were never intended for the masses, for Jesus forbade the twelve to go to the Gentiles and the Samaritans (Matt. x. 8), and repeated to his disciples that the "mysteries of Heaven" were for them alone, not for the multitudes (Mark iv. 11)." SD II. [[Vol. 2, Page]] 231. HPB.