RE: theos-talk Astral and "Etheric" bodies

  • Jeremy Condick
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 5, 2013
      Also here are a few lines from the secret doctrin that again indicate the underlying fact that the "vital linga sharira" was indeed recognised as a body of vitality [prana] in the sixteenth century. That "vital force" indeed "radiates
      around man like a luminous sphere" and today is sometimes viewed as the health aura of the etheric body. Strictly speaking it is that state of the health of the aura which emanates from the physical body indicating its relative health if seen. JPC.

      "A new flood of light is certainly thrown on the wisdom
      of ancient and medi�val Occultism and its votaries. For Paracelsus wrote the
      same thing more than three hundred years ago, namely, in the sixteenth century,
      as follows:�
      "The whole of the Microcosm is potentially contained in
      the Liquor Vit�, a nerve fluid . . . in which is contained the
      nature, quality, character, and essence of beings." . . . (De Generatione
      Hominis). . . . "The Arch�us or Liquor Vit� is an essence
      that is equally distributed in all parts of the human body. . . . The
      Spiritus Vit� takes its origin from the Spiritus Mundi. Being an
      emanation of the latter, it contains the elements of all
      cosmic influences, and is therefore the cause by which the action of the stars
      (cosmic forces) upon the invisible body of man (his vital linga sharira)
      may be explained." (De Viribus Membrorum. See "Life of
      Paracelsus" by Franz Hartmann, M.D., F.T.S.)
      Had Dr. Richardson studied all the secret works of
      Paracelsus, he would not have been obliged to confess so often�"we do not know"
      . . . . "it is not known to us" . . . . etc., etc. Nor would he have ever
      pronounced the following sentence, recanting the best portions of his
      independent rediscovery, in which he says (p. 384):�

      * Paracelsus for one, who called it
      liquor vit�, and Arch�us.

      � Rather alchemical�"composition."

      � "This vital force . . . radiates
      around man like a luminous sphere" . . . says Paracelsus in
      Paragranum.