Adyar Convention Program - Update 1

  • .:.
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2012
      Today it is Sunday 23rd evening at Adyar and visitors will notice that the
      program of the International Convention scheduled to start on 26th is yet
      to be published on the website.

      Many members are interested in knowing the details of the program as well
      as information on live streaming on Internet. (Live streaming was done at
      the World Congress held at Rome sometime ago.) One wonders why the program
      has not been put up on the website.

      TS was at one time at the leading edge of ideas and action. It is disappointing
      to watch that even the program cannot be posted quiet ahead.

      I hope some of the General Council Members have noticed it and discuss the
      simple matter which may be symptomatic of major problems.

      Any one who can throw more light on the above situation.

      MKR

    • Sampsa Kuukasjärvi
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2012
        You are right, MKR. It is a pity that the programme of the convention is
        not on the web. In my understanding the reason is that there is a lack of
        Internet capable persons at Adyar.

        However, the programme has been published in The Theosophist magazine. I
        think I read it a month ago. Sometimes I wonder why people here don't read
        The Theosophist. It includes even news. We can't always assume that we get
        all information from the web.

        I don't have the issue of The Theosophist now at hand, because I am
        celebrating the Christmas elsewhere than at my home.

        You, MKR, are probably interested if there is some international schism
        going on. I don't think so, because I remember that the National President
        of the American Section will have a talk in the convention.

        The theme of the annual convent is "The Present Shapes the Future". Oh,
        does this mean that we won't get the programme either next year? :)
        Hopefully not.

        2012/12/23 .:. <mkr777@...>

        > **
        >

        > Today it is Sunday 23rd evening at Adyar and visitors will notice that the
        > program of the International Convention scheduled to start on 26th is yet
        > to be published on the website.
        >
        > Many members are interested in knowing the details of the program as well
        > as information on live streaming on Internet. (Live streaming was done at
        > the World Congress held at Rome sometime ago.) One wonders why the program
        > has not been put up on the website.
        >
        > TS was at one time at the leading edge of ideas and action. It is
        > disappointing
        > to watch that even the program cannot be posted quiet ahead.
        >
        > I hope some of the General Council Members have noticed it and discuss the
        > simple matter which may be symptomatic of major problems.
        >
        > Any one who can throw more light on the above situation.
        >
        > MKR

      • .:.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2012
          Thanks, Sampsa.

          Just after I posted the msg, Jan Kind sent me a pdf of the program and I
          have posted it here. You may be right that they may not have an Internet
          capable person at Adyar to upload the program.

          In two days the convention starts and let us hope that those attending it
          would be rejuvenated and go back home and do the real work of TS which is
          at everyone's backyard.

          Internet capability and use is a major issue today. Recently I was on a
          long airline flight and everyone in the age group 15 - 35 had a high end
          wireless phone. This tells us where the things are going.

          MKR