Mahendra P Singhal Elected as TS International Vice President

  • MKR
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2012
      In the February 2012, TOS International Newsletter, there is an
      announcement about the election of Mahendra P. Singhal as International
      Vice President, which is vacant after Linda Oliviera left to take up the
      position of General Secretary of Australian Section.

      It is a welcome announcement, from two points of view.

      Firstly, he comes with heavy experience with TS as well as TOS, having held
      the positions of General Secretary of Indian Section as well as National
      Director of TOS, India. Secondly he will be moving to Adyar in March and
      living there.

      The second point is very important. Even with all the current communication
      technology, important roles cannot be performed by remote management from a
      bedroom 10,000 miles away, as some impractical thinkers seem to dream.
      (World’s largest communication company AT&T which was headquartered in San
      Antonio, Texas where I
      live, was moved to Dallas, Texas because the Chairman who lives in Dallas
      could not run the company remotely even with access to most leading edge
      communication capabilities in the world.). Rumor has it that many other
      potential candidates for VP were unable or unwilling to move and live in
      Adyar.

      Here is the quote from the TOS newsletter.:

      Special announcement

      ‘We are happy to express a warm welcome to the newly elected International
      Vice-President of the Theosophical Society, Mr Mahendra P. Singhal. Our
      brother is well known within India where he has held numerous
      responsibilities within the TS over his many years of membership. Of
      special interest to TOS members is the fact that Mahendra has twice acted
      as National Director of the TOS in India, first from 1985 to 1992 and then
      from 2001 to 2004. Most recently, Mahendra has been free to support our
      current Director, Birendra L. Bhattacharyya, by taking responsibility for
      the TOS work in Delhi and by attending regional and zonal conferences as
      guest speaker.

      Mahendra and his wife Shashi will be moving from their home in Delhi to
      Adyar in March. We wish them all the best in their new assignment.’

      Announcement and full bio can be found at the following links.

      <http://international.theoservice.org/e-news/20/tos-intouch-20.html>

      <http://international.theoservice.org/e-news/20/en20-00.html>

      PS: The above welcome news once again makes us wonder why the announcement
      was not made on the Adyar Newsletter or even a Newsrelease. (Newsrelease is
      the standard protocol in all organizations.) I am sure Adyar has competent
      people who know how to send out a News Release. In addition, I am sure the
      General Secretaries are aware of the election (they are the ones who vote)
      and they have not taken trouble to inform their members. This yet again
      shows that the GS's come asking for donation and support from members, but
      do not care to keep members in the dark. What a pity?

      MKR