Re: Theos-World Lobsang and Yetis

  • samblo@cs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
      Mic.
      Where is "down here" ? In Oz they call them "Yeowee's" right ?

      John
    • Mic Forster
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
        Yep in Oz. We call them Yeowees as well but Bunyip just roles off the tongue. Bunyip comes from a kids story - he sits in the billabong freaking us all out. We also have "drop-bears" where bears (presumably something resembling koalas) drop out of trees and onto your tent while you're camping. They then proceed to eat your intestines. You would not believe how many Americans believe that story!!

        samblo@... wrote: Mic.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
          Mic,
          Begora ! I never knew there were so many Irish in OZ ! Lol
        • Mic Forster
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
            Yeah those bloody poms sent them all out here to grow wool for those stupid wigs they wear in parliment!!
            samblo@... wrote: Mic,
            Begora ! I never knew there were so many Irish in OZ ! Lol