Re: Theos-World Tuesday Lobsang Rampa

  • Mic Forster
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2002
      John,
      I have just finished reading "The Third Eye" and was impressed with its seeming honesty. Apart from the dubious integrity of the author, would it be a fairly accurate account of the life of a Tibetan monk?
      Regards,
      Mic

      John Beers <johnb@...> wrote: " Tuesday Lobsang Rampa - anybody out there know anything about this
      character? Cheers."

      I've read a few of his books (he wrote many) - they were quite popular
      at the time, maybe the late 60s and the 70s. He was a British man who
      claimed to be a Tibetan monk. He tells of his Tibetan life, and claims to
      be a walk-in into the British body.

      He says the British man was dissatisfied with life, and was willing to
      give up his body. Rampa, the Tibetan, needed a body because his own had
      been badly damaged by the invading Chinese, and his life work was not
      finished.

      I honestly don't know what to make of it. His teachings seem to be
      good - reincarnation, karma, etc, but some of his stories seem a bit
      improbable. For example, discovering a "Cave of the Ancients" in Tibet,
      apparently an Atlantean storage cave where the globe light bulbs are still
      on. I can't say it couldn't be, but ... well, you know...