Re KH "Phoney" letter

  • proto37
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2007
      Re: KH "phoney" Letter

      Dan & John,

      Well, it is all very patchy isn't it? Wouldn't it be nice to have
      a whole letter. I wonder why Spierenberg said in his 1995 edition of
      "Inner Group Teachings" refering to this "KH quote": ".... a quotation
      from an unpublished (1882?) letter from the Master K.H. to A.O. Hume."
      I note also, Dan, that you don't refer to a single line of my letter,
      or included it in the post, unless I missed one. (The Vol. III Echoes
      of the Orient reference is not correct, also, in my edition.)

      On the Buddhist exercises you refer to John, I don't doubt there
      are such practices. I mistrust all such stuff personally, and label
      it in the gray, if not black arena of occultism. I figure if I have a
      body to experience in after death, I'll have to have Earned it by the
      over-all level of my being, and not have to Create one before hand.
      Trust Nature to do the right thing! I think even the "Tibetan Book of
      the Dead" is grey or black occultism.

      Congrats on getting the broadband connection. It will never
      happen where I am - all 1910 copper wire. I see broadband and dial-up
      are about the same price now even, if I understand it right. PBS
      about 6mos back (I think in their excellent AIR series - "American
      Investigative Reporting" - had an expose on the phone companies
      getting a HUGE tax break 10-15 years back, which the agreement being
      that they would sink it into infra-structure upgrade - fiber optics
      for everyone. Well they never did a dam thing, and kept the billions
      in funds for themselves, without a peep about it from congress to date.

      - jake j.

      -----------
      Re: Theos-World That "phoney" KH Letter in ES - V

      >Hi Jake, Daniel,
      >Well, I don't care to enter into interminable dissection of the written
      letters mentions here. I do have a simple view viz;

      >>"....And so with regard to concentration
      the Blessed Master Koot Hoomi .'. writes:
      'Your best method is to concentrate on
      the Master as a Living Man within you.
      Make His image in your heart, and a focus
      of concentration, so as to lose all sense
      of bodily existence in the one thought."
      ... and some following paragraphs.<<

      >What is important to me here is whether or not this statement By
      Master K.H. is
      a true representation of the Doctrine they possess and and have been
      taught
      themselves, and so teach others, including Theosophists. It appears at
      least to
      me to be a true presentation of Tibetan and Indian Doctrine. For
      instance the
      Remed Adepts of Blavatsky's time taught this concept then and still do
      today
      which can be viewed as a teaching on the creation of one's personal
      Yidam Image
      that is self-constructed by meditation, intention, will, projection,
      and energy
      in order to satisfy a direct need later in the Bardo and post Bardo
      states of
      consciousness which provides the Adept with a functional vehicle for
      use as
      Nirmanakaya. This vehicle is utilitarian to the subtle existence and
      continuity
      of the Personality and in the manner they indicate, it is receptacle
      of the true
      Self in accordance with Heart Doctrine and in alignment with the Buddhic
      principle Hiranyagarbha. The One Life of the Mahatma's i
      s the same One Life in which we all share "participation" but not
      possession and
      it is "The Living Man within you" That K.H. points at and inseparably
      ones True
      Master which K.H. also points at.
      >I have read several parallel schools that teach this view. It was
      present in
      the Remed movement of Tibet and also in the Kagyu teaching and other
      Schools
      when Blavatsky and Judge and Sinnett yet lived and is still taught
      today. I
      think it is a valid origination on that basis.

      >With respect to all,
      >John
      --------------
    • danielhcaldwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2007
        Jake,

        You state:

        "The Vol. III Echoes of the Orient reference is not correct, also, in
        my edition.)"

        First of all, are you referring to that portion of my text which reads
        as follows?

        See link below which shows 2 pages from this particular "Suggestions
        and Aids":

        http://blavatskyarchives.com/khmsssuggandaids.htm

        The article "The Seven Worlds" starts at the bottom of page
        343.

        If you look on page 344 at what I have marked as line 15 you will
        see the words: (MS. of a Teacher.) Line 1 (on page 343) which
        is a diagram and lines 2-15 on page 344 have been quoted/paraphrased
        from the KH manuscript. Compare these marked lines with the
        document provided at:

        http://blavatskyarchives.com/khmsspages3and4.htm

        And what is NOT correct? Can you clarify, please....