Re: Theos-World Conflicting Claims & Beliefs: What happens after death?

  • Scribe
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13 4:01 AM
      Daniel,

      Referring to your excellent list of "wide variety of views out there on
      what happens to a human being after death:" I would like to add another, which I glean through theosophy and HPB:

      There are those who tell you that there is
      a ceaseless round of births, deaths and rebirths
      for each of us but that we will be trapped
      in these lower worlds UNTIL "we find a path
      to enlightenment and release through good works
      and good thoughts" OR we find a true
      physical guru who can help us to escape this suffering
      round of births and deaths. (my addition in quotation marks)

      I think we should label each of the belief systems/paragraphs you listed to we know what we--and they--are talking about.

      However, I was disappointed to learn that Theosophy does posit the "group soul" scenario for animals and pets.

      For humans, it all just seems to come down to the Noble Eightfold Path. I agree with the Dalai Lama and think that the general tenets of Buddhism are the best answer to life's questions.

      Best Regards,
      Scribe