Re: Theos-World How tolerant & inclusive are these 3 quotes???

  • Cass Silva
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2007
      Not really he makes a rationally sound argument when he states that "Truth" knows no compromise.

      danielhcaldwell <danielhcaldwell@...> wrote: How tolerant & inclusive
      are the following 3 quotes???

      K.H. writes:

      ...Our doctrine knows no compromises. It either affirms or denies,
      for it never teaches but that which it knows to be the
      truth....Having found Gnosis we cannot turn our backs on it and
      become agnostics. . . . Were we to admit that even the highest Dyan
      Chohans are liable to err under a delusion, then there would be no
      reality for us indeed and the occult sciences would be as great a
      chimera as that God....

      K.H. writes:

      ...no-one but such an initiate can know anything of these secrets....

      Morya dictated the following to HPB:

      ...What have we, the disciples of the true Arhats, of esoteric
      Buddhism and of Sang-gyas to do with the Shasters and Orthodox
      Brahmanism? There are 100 of thousands of Fakirs, Sannyasis and
      Saddhus leading the most pure lives, and yet being as they are, on
      the path of error, never having had an opportunity to meet, see or
      even hear of us. Their forefathers have driven away the followers of
      the only true philosophy upon earth away from India and now, it is
      not for the latter to come to them but to them to come to us if they
      want us. Which of them is ready to become a Buddhist, a Nastika as
      they call us? None. Those who have believed and followed us have had
      their reward. Mr. Sinnett and Hume are exceptions. Their beliefs are
      no barrier to us for they have none. They may have had influences
      around them, bad magnetic emanations the result of drink, Society and
      promiscuous physical associations (resulting even from shaking hands
      with impure men) but all this is physical and material impediments
      which with a little effort we could counteract and even clear away
      without much detriment to ourselves. Not so with the magnetism and
      invisible results proceeding from erroneous and sincere beliefs.
      Faith in the Gods and God, and other superstitions attracts millions
      of foreign influences, living entities and powerful agents around
      them, with which we would have to use more than ordinary exercise of
      power to drive them away. We do not choose to do so. We do not find
      it either necessary or profitable to lose our time waging war to the
      unprogressed Planetaries who delight in personating gods and
      sometimes well known characters who have lived on earth....

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.