Re: Theos-World Two Statements by John B.S. Coats

  • leonmaurer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2005
      In a message dated 12/14/05 7:21:13 PM, Drpsionic@... writes:

      > In a message dated 12/14/2005 5:06:35 PM Central Standard Time,
      > danielhcaldwell@... writes:
      >

      > "The  percentage of members, who have not as yet
      > ever read any books by H.P.  Blavatsky is
      > regrettably high." The Theosophist, Feb.,  1975
      >

      > It is, of course, impossible to know just what percentage of the members of
      > any of the TS organizations have read HPB, but the number will always be
      > too
      > few.
      >
      > Admittedly it can be tough going at times (when I joined 25 years ago I
      > dove
      > into the Secret Doctrine and damned near drowned) but it is worth the
      > effort.  You don't have to believe it all, or agree with it all (the
      > Masters know I
      > sure don't) but it is a shame that people don't even know what  she wrote in
      > the first place.
      >
      > Chuck the heretic,

      Although I'm sure there's a lot of it you understood and realized the truth
      of, it's also a shame that, even for those who also take the time and make the
      effort to study through the whole Secret Doctrine, there are a few who get
      caught up in the allegorical dead letter blinds HPB intentionally confused the
      higher keys with, choke on them, and for fear of drowning, miss much of the
      deeper metaphysical truths and their scientific correlation's that reach across
      all disciplines. On the other hand, if there are those whom, because of such
      superficial study (or no study at all) accept the interpretations of self
      claimed theosophical gurus and "leaders" without question or judgment, and turn it
      into their blind religious belief, I understand your calling yourself a
      "heretic." In that sense, I am one too . . . (three and I'm out :-) And that
      goes for all the current slew of separate TS orgs, wherever they park, and
      whatever dogma they preach.

      Lenny the apostate :-)