Two Statements by John B.S. Coats

  • danielhcaldwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2005
      Two Statements by John B.S. Coats

      I give below two statements made in 1975
      by the late John B. S. Coats, President of the
      Theosophical Society (Adyar) from 1973-1979.

      "The percentage of members, who have not as yet
      ever read any books by H.P. Blavatsky is
      regrettably high." The Theosophist, Feb., 1975

      "There's a great need for the deepening of the
      individual member's understanding of theosophy.
      A lot of people skate superfically over the
      surface of theosophy without really going into
      it in depth." The Theosophist, Dec. 1975.