Re: Theos-World Re: Historic Research Query

  • Jerry Hejka-Ekins
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
      Dear Spiro,

      As far as I am aware this Eclectic Theosophical Society was one more
      among many independent groups that sprung up during the uncertainties
      following the Judge split. John Pryse was James' brother and they had
      a run in with the Adyar TS in the late 1890s. James continued to write
      books and John published them. By the way, John eventually retired in
      Los Angeles, founded a Gnostic Society in 1928, and lived into the
      1950s. J.H. Connelly, was an associate of Judge and worked with
      Hargrove but did not continue with Tingley. I don't know off hand if he
      followed Hargrove during the 1898 split. If he did, he did not continue
      with them for long.

      Hope this helps
      Jerry