KH: "those [letters] which are so copied have...become theosophical property.."

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 11:46 AM
      In the summer of 1884, Mohini Chatterji and
      Laura C. Holloway were writing a book on Theosophy
      entitled "Man: Fragments of Forgotten History."
      Both Mohini and Laura were chelas of Master
      Koot Hoomi.

      In a letter addressed to Mohini, Master K.H.
      wrote:

      "You may, if you choose so, or find necessity
      for it, use in Man [the above-mentioned book] or in any
      other book you may chance to be collaborating for,
      anything I may have said in relation to our secret
      doctrines in any of my letters to Messrs. Hume or
      Sinnett. Those portions that were private have
      never been allowed by them to be copied by anyone;
      and those which are so copied have by the very fact
      become theosophical property. Besides, copies of
      my letters — at any rate those that contained my
      teachings — have always been sent by my order
      to Damodar and Upasika [H.P.B.], and some of the
      portions even used in 'The Theosophist.' You are
      at liberty to even copy them verbatim and without
      quotation marks...."

      "Thus not only you, a chela of mine, but anyone
      else is at liberty to take anything, whole pages,
      if thought proper, from any of my "copied" letters
      and convert their 'dross' into pure ore of gold,
      provided they have well grasped the thought.
      Show this to L.C.H. who was already told the
      same."
      — Letter 39 in "Letters from the Masters of the Wisdom,"
      First Series.

      In the light of the above words from the Master K.H., would the
      United Lodge of Theosophists be willing to offer classes using
      Jinanrajadasa's "The Early Teachings of the Masters"? This
      volume was compiled from those portions of the Masters' letters that
      had become THEOSOPHICAL PROPERTY.

      This volume is on the WWW at:

      http://www.theosophical.ca/EarlyTeachings.htm

      Would the United Lodge of Theosophists be willing to publicly
      circulate/sell this volume by Jinarajadasa OR A SIMILARLY
      COMPILED VOLUME OF THE LETTERS FROM THE MASTERS THAT HAVE
      BECOME THEOSOPHICAL PROPERTY?

      Since Dallas tells us that the ULT has no officers or leaders, then
      who would make that decision? Would each lodge make that decision?

      Food for thought...