Leon: "Some ... have been in contact with certain occult 'Masters'...."

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      Relevant to Leon's comments quoted at:
      I give the below information.

      In 2001 on Theos-Talk, I wrote Gregory
      Tillett as follows:

      "About 15 years ago Walter A. Carrithers, Jr.
      told me that the DES 'officials' (Robert Crosbie,
      John Garrigues, Grace Clough and others) claimed
      to be in contact and communication with HPB,
      WQJ and the Masters. I believe that in a phone
      conversation later with John Cooper he also
      told me that this was his understanding of
      the claims of the above named individuals."

      "Gregory, can you confirm these observations and
      are there any extant papers that verify what
      Walter and John believed was true?"

      Quoted from:

      http://www.theosophy.com/theos-talk/200107/tt00156.html

      Dr. Tillett replied as follows:

      "I do not recall the discussions you mention, although
      I was certainly told by several sources that Crosbie
      claimed to have left Pt Loma because he asserted he
      was in contact with HPB and the Masters, and that
      he continued to make this claim thereafter. I can
      cite not source for the story, given that my notebooks
      are now archived in the attic. I recall talking about
      this with John, but I do not now recall whether he
      mentioned any supporting evidence."

      Quoted from:

      http://www.theosophy.com/theos-talk/200108/tt00039.html