Dallas: the ULT insists on using and providing for study, only the ORIGINALS..

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2005
      Dallas once wrote on this forum:

      "As far as I can see, that's why the U L T insists
      on using and providing for study, only the ORIGINALS --
      I see too many interpretive changes in Theosophical
      texts altered by those who have later claimed that
      they can correct errors made in those 'originals.'
      Who dares to say that they can do better than H P B
      and the Masters who certified ( PATH Vol. 8, p. 1-3 )
      to have co-edited the text of The SECRET DOCTRINE?"

      Quoted from:

      So did the Theosophy Company in 1928 or W.Q. Judge in the
      1890s claim that "they can correct errors made in those
      'originals'", that is in the original of HPB's VOICE?

      Did the Theosophy Company or Mr. Judge dare to say
      "that they can do better than H P B. and the
      Masters"?

      I believe Dallas was directing his strong language
      towards Besant, Mead and de Zirkoff and their "editing"
      of HPB's originals but if it is valid to question
      those three people, why not the Theosophy Company and
      Judge?