Re: Theos-World Jerry wrote: "They use an Edition modified by Judge. "

  • Jerry Hejka-Ekins
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2005
      Dan,

      If you want to get into it, there is even more to it than that. A
      careful analysis of reprinted ULT material will reveal quite a lot of
      examples of differences from the originals. For the most part, these
      were errors of ignorance. The point is that they, unlike other
      organizations, were not trying to "improve" on the original writings.

      I'm glad that you are out there tracking down all of these errors. That
      is important work. But, let's not let ULT's errors detract from their
      intent, to preserve the original writings as they understood them to be,
      during a time when other Theosophical organizations were trying to
      "improve" upon them. That was the point I was trying to make, and I
      still think we ought to be thankful for their efforts--though not
      perfectly done.

      Jerry