Re: Theos-World "Not far from a yew-tree,"

  • Mauri
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
      thalprin wrote:

      > Life's weird and lively I think, but, or evidently, that doesn't necc.
      > suggest that we can't/won't work out a/o work within those parameters.

      I don't know if it shows, but I've been
      trying to speculate and qualify some of
      what might tend to appear to me as
      somewhat extreme dualistic meanings in
      general, with the objective of at least
      "possibly modifying" some of those
      "apparent dualistic/interpretive
      extremes," in some sense, maybe, "at
      least from my perspective," possibly, in
      some cases, maybe. (Quotes were meant to
      be in reference to "possibly keyish"
      interpretive variables, whatever they
      might, in turn, be seen to be from
      whatever interpretive bias.) Not that
      those efforts on my part haven't created
      (or might not have created, possibly,
      apparently, or really ...) some general
      or particular impression that my posts
      are circular. Thanks again, Leon, for
      pointing that out. To my way of
      speculating, that comment from Leon
      might be seen to give my
      speculative/qualifying approach some
      credibility, maybe, in a sense: I'm
      tending to speculate that there might be
      some sort of speculative, circular
      "middle way" (quotes per "in a
      sense"...) that might have the effect of
      modifying various apparent or
      real-enough extremes for some people,
      maybe, possibly even in terms of "one's
      worldview," to some extent, maybe. I
      guess one might suppose or theorize that
      I might be practicing or trying to
      practice a kind of "middle-way magic" on
      my I-Not-I. Is it working? If I
      answered that with a "yes" or a "no"
      that I hadn't "qualied enough" (ie,
      "hadn't qualified enough" in the sense
      of "'basically,' in my mind, at least"),
      I don't see how I could be practicing
      the kind of circular, speculative,
      quoty, continually- or often-qualified
      "middle-way magic" that I seem to think
      I might be practicing. So, "then
      again" ... ^:-/ ... In a world or
      worldview where extremes of various
      kinds are seen as the cause of many
      problems, why go on promoting the roots
      of various extremes (in terms of "weird
      and lively," or whatever)?

      ^:-/ ...
      Mauri

      PS Not that it might not appear to be
      possible for one to speculate and
      qualify some things to death (in
      whatever sense), but, then, (one might
      wonder ...), how else could one at least
      "attempt to get around" (ie, "at least
      in terms of one's interpretive
      tendencies...") some of the more-obvious
      or more-apparent dualistic/extreme
      effects/affects or aspects in life ...
      For me there would appear to be a kind
      of "middle way" approach or mindset that
      has (I'm speculating ...) tended to
      boil down towards what I've been calling
      "just being." In other words, "just
      being" seems to me as if it might
      provide a way (a kind of "middle way,"
      in a sense ...) by which one might
      transcend the various extremes in
      dualistic reality.
    • Mauri
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
        thalprin wrote:

        > I think my best guess is, "yer kinda sorta missing the point+++" but
        > whatver -

        Obviously ... (seeing as "missing the
        point" was part of my speculative+++
        point) but whatever -

        ^:-/ ...
        Mauri
      • Mauri
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
          thalprin wrote:

          > (actually, I caught it the first time
          as well, and yes, I was/am a
          > bit surprised/not surprised, of course.)
          >

          > "Are you hearing me now? Good."

          Hmm ...

          ^:-/ ...
          Mauri