Re: Theos-World re Scientogists and ...

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2005
      Cass,

      As a former teacher, I have to comment on your comment:
      << Really enjoy your postings, did you realise that therapist when
      syllablised becomes The Rapist. >>

      When I divide therapist into syllables, I get: "ther", "uh" and
      "pusst". In my Webster's Third New International Dictionary unabridged,
      it is shown syllablised as "ther*a*pist"

      When I divide The Rapist into syllables, I get: "Thuh", "rayp" and
      "isst". Webster's shows rapist divided as "rap*ist".

      So, I disagree, when you syllablise "therapist" you do NOT get the other
      term. You can only get that other term by adding a space INSIDE one of
      the syllables and changing the pronunciation of all the syllables, to
      get a distinct new pronunciation.

      Unless, of course, you have a different pronunciation for therapist than
      most of the rest of us do.

      --
      John, webmaster
      www.GodLovesEveryone.org and www.MAZES.com

      FLASH *** FLASH *** FLASH

      More than 38 thousand different GOD LOVES YOU puzzles.
      Each maze has a different first name
      Each maze has a different unique solution

      Find your first name here:
      http://www.godloveseveryone.org/god-loves-name.htm

      Put our amazing "search box" on your web page. Details
      @ http://www.godloveseveryone.org/god-loves-name.htm