RE: Re: [bn-study] RE: New Directions II

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 4:55 PM
      Thursday, August 09, 2001

      Dear Leota:

      I checked what references I had on this . Not many nor definitive. Not in
      The SECRET DOCTRINE as far as I could trace, nor in ISIS UNVEILED .

      In KEY TO THEOSOPHY (HPB) p. 111-2 Reference is made to the ZOHAR and the
      “revolution of souls.”

      Zohar -- a general survey -- The THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSARY p. 388-9,268, 187,
      S D I 214; [ see also ISIS UNVEILED II 348; 212, 246; 424

      Other general references are in Blavatsky COLLECTED WORKS: Vol. 6, pp
      319-20; Vol. 7 pp. 402; Vol. 12, p. 782.]

      Palingenesis is referred to in THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSARY p. 246 only briefly as
      “Transformation, or new birth.” [ Reincarnation is on p. 277;
      Metempsychosis in on p. 246; ]

      Gilgoolem (THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSARY p. 128) is also cross references to The
      THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSARY pp 167, 271, 277; MODERN PANARION, p. 167; S D I
      568 fn.

      In his article REINCARNATION IN JUDAISM Mr. Judge refers to the “a’leen b’
      gilgoola” of the “revolution of souls” and “pre-existence” in the Jewish
      ZOHAR. [ See W. Q. Judge Articles (U.L.T. ) Vol. I, p. 79; also ISIS
      UNVEILED II 152 ]

      Mr. Judge’s article REINCARNATION IN THE BIBLE (PATH, Dec 1892) (W. Q.
      Judge Articles, I, p. 84, 89 also refers to their believe and teaching about
      reincarnation.

      I referred to my copy of the ZOHAR, but did not have this referenced, nor is
      it divided into separate volumes.

      I hope these will be of help.

      Dallas