Re: Blavatsky's Esoteric Instructions Issued by the DES on Whose Authority?

  • Steve Stubbs
    Message 1 of 12 , May 10, 2003
      --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel H. Caldwell"
      <inquire@b...> wrote:
      > Gregory Tillett in a Theos-Talk posting wrote:
      >
      > "What has been the role of the DES (the ULT ES organization) in the
      > control and/or management of the ULT? . . .The DES . . . remains
      one
      > of the great secrets of Theosophical history (not unlike the ER of
      > the Adyar TS); I hope that its history and teachings will be made
      > accessible to students of Theosophical history when I complete the
      > history of secret societies in the Theosophical movement on which
      > John Cooper and I were collaborating at the time of his passing."

      Now that does sound interesting. When was this posted and is there
      any word on when the book will be published?
      Message 2 of 12 , May 5, 2005
        Gregory Tillett in a Theos-Talk posting wrote:

        "What has been the role of the DES (the ULT ES organization) in the
        control and/or management of the ULT? . . .The DES . . . remains one
        of the great secrets of Theosophical history (not unlike the ER of
        the Adyar TS); I hope that its history and teachings will be made
        accessible to students of Theosophical history when I complete the
        history of secret societies in the Theosophical movement on which
        John Cooper and I were collaborating at the time of his passing."

        See relevant material at:
        http://www.geocities.com/danielhcaldwell/des5.jpg

        I hope that in this forthcoming publication Tillett will grapple with
        and try to answer the question that heads this posting.

        This issue is partly addressed in the following essay on the WWW:

        "Dzyan Esoteric School---Blavatsky's Esoteric Instructions Issued on
        Whose Authority?"

        In ULT's Dzyan Esoteric School, esoteric instructions of Madame
        Blavatsky are reissued to members under a pledge of secrecy.
        Blavatsky's instructions were not to be discussed or shown to regular
        ULT associates or to other non-members of the DES. Anyone who
        violated this oath was expelled from DES.

        The essential question to ask is---

        On whose authority were Madame Blavatsky's instructions reissued by
        the DES?

        During Blavatsky's & Judge's lifetimes, these instructions were given
        to new members by the authority of Blavatsky & Judge as Outer Heads
        of the E.S. directly representing the Masters who were the Inner
        Heads. Each member took a pledge not to discuss or show the documents
        to non-members.

        Robert Crosbie was an esoteric member during the lifetimes of
        Blavatsky & Judge. Mr Crosbie had taken the same pledge not to reveal
        any of these esoteric papers.

        After Mr Judge's death & at the formation of the ULT's DES, by whose
        authority were the instructions reissued with a new pledge of
        secrecy? Did Mr Crosbie violate his own original pledge by allowing
        the reissue of Blavatsky's esoteric instructions under a new pledge
        of secrecy?

        It is clear Blavatsky & Judge issued the instructions at the
        direction of the Masters. Who gave Mr Crosbie the authority or right
        to violate his original pledge & reissue the instructions to new
        students under an oath of silence and secrecy? Did Mr Crosbie believe
        that he was following in the esoteric footsteps of Blavatsky and
        Judge?

        In the last month I've received several emails from ULT associates
        suggesting that if I publish the contents of any DES material I'm
        opening myself & those who read the contents to esoteric or occult
        harm. This is the essential reason (I'm told) why the U.L.T. has been
        so adamant against the public release of Blavatsky's ES instructions.
        Those who are not ready & haven't taken the appropriate pledge, etc.
        could be subject to some sort of negative occult influence. So goes
        this type of reasoning.

        A correspondent wrote that Mr Henry Geiger, one of the more
        recent "leaders" of the Los Angeles ULT, was very much against Mr
        Boris de Zirkoff's proposal to publish Blavatsky's esoteric
        instructions in the "Collected Writings" series. When Mr de Zirkoff
        finally published them in Volume XII of the series, the ULT
        leadership was extremely upset. This is part of the underlying
        reasons for the ULT not mentioning in their publications
        the "Collected Writings" or using any of the CW material in their
        study of Blavatsky's teachings, so I'm told.

        This negative reaction by the ULT to Mr de Zirkoff's publication of
        Blavatsky's esoteric material appears ironic (even hypocritical) in
        light of the fact that the ULT leadership issued (through DES) the
        same material to their chosen ULT associates.

        Who gave them the authority to disseminate this esoteric material to
        new people while at the same time condemning Mr de Zirkoff for
        publishing the material for new people?

        Quoted from:
        http://members.tripod.com/davidgreen_2/despart2.htm

        BLAVATSKY STUDY CENTER/BLAVATSY ARCHIVES