Re: Theos-World politics

  • leonmaurer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2003
      In a message dated 12/14/02 3:11:47 AM, wry1111@... writes:

      >I believe it is important to try to change the world, but often talking
      >about political situations gives me an illusion that I am changing something,
      >when actually I just feel better because I have let off some steam by talking
      >about something that irritates me and I feel powerless to do anything about.
      >
      >The best way people can use a list like this, and I know some may not agree,
      > is to work together to set up some conditions where people can develop.

      What conditions? Develop what? How? Why? What for? No one can aid anyone in
      their self development of their own consciousness and the attainment of
      correct knowledge and practical wisdom. All anyone can do is give them a set
      of principles and point them in the direction of self realization through
      their own self devised and self determined study, effort and practice...
      That, HPB has already done. What's wrong with the conditions set up here and
      in other theosophical study groups to carry out this work of understanding
      fundamental theosophy -- while we go about developing ourselves? Sure,
      there's a lot of "noise" on this forum. But, what can you know that we don't
      already know about setting up conditions for such "self devised and self
      determined study and effort" -- that requires no self professed gurus or ego
      tripping organizers to lead? If you've got something really worthwhile to
      add to the study of theosophy, then say it and get off the soapbox. I am
      interested in seeing theosophists begin to cooperate in finding a way to
      spread the consciousness of brotherhood and cooperation worldwide, but I
      don't know if this forum reaches far enough to do any good.

      >If something that has no opinion sees me as I am, impartial data will be
      >gathered and material will be released, as my idea of "this" and what really
      >is "this" will align. As material is shed (like rain), the material
      >that remains can begin to function as the little brick oven (athanator)
      >of the philosophers, in such a way that incoming material will begin to
      >gently bake, as I continue to make efforts along the same line. This is
      >the beginning of the making of the stone. Nothing is magical about this.
      >It is simply a material process. But in order for it to happen, a specific
      >effort needs to be applied.

      This apparently self serving and pompous verbosity makes no sense. What
      impartial data? Gathered by whom? What's your idea of "this"? What material
      is shed? What material remains? What are you baking? What's supposed to
      happen? What specific effort is needed? What material process? What efforts
      along what "same line" are you going to make? Why all the allegories that
      have no linkage to anything? Sounds suspiciously like someone setting the
      stage before coming out to pull off a "non magical" trick, by talking us into
      buying a big bottle of snake oil. :-) I thought you said you were speaking
      for HPB. I have never read one word by HPB or WQJ that sounded like this. Who
      are you trying to kid that you know something we don't know?

      >Talking about President Bush will probably not affect President Bush, but
      >an effort to have something be truly objective to myself as I am can have
      >results that are very far reaching. When material aligns in such a way
      >that it is oscillating at a higher frequency, the material surrounding
      >it will be drawn to it, and eventually begin to reconfigure in a way that
      >is more organized. This is true magic in that it has nothing to do with
      >so-called magic, either black or white, but rather with simple everyday
      >life on earth when we are new about thosophy are getting to be a drag.aying
      attention and everything comes into focus.
      >And, as I have said to Mauri, it ultimately comes down to the body doing
      >everyday chores while something that is outside charts this body, with
      >its internal processes, as an object.. This is the beginning of finding
      >the way home. It is serious. Making a message such as this helps me to
      >be a little more objective. Wry

      Double-talk? At least that's what it appears to me to be. What material are
      you talking about? What has "alignment" or "oscillation" of it got to do
      with anything? What results? Is this important theosophical information
      that is helpful to anyone? If, so, why hide it under what appears to be
      slippery and roundabout verbiage? Or, are you just wagging your own tail,
      and expect us to offer you a bone? Hope, I don't sound too harsh or
      critical, but letters that say nothing useful about theosophy and appear to
      be nothing more than self massaging ego trips are getting to be a drag.
      (And, my mail box is already 172 letters behind to read and maybe answer.
      :-)

      LHM