Re: Theos-World Exploring Consciousness by Rita Carter

  • leonmaurer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2003
      There is one problem with accepting Libet's conclusions based on his research
      into the time delay factor between the moment of sensation and the
      intentional (willed) reactive response (muscular action) to consciously
      perceived information...

      Because of the limitations of objective observation of the neurological
      processes between the sensory organs and the brain, which are carried out
      entirely on the physical level by physical means, one cannot measure the
      actual time between the "experience" of consciousness itself and the
      "initiation" of the response...

      From a theosophical (Ref: my ABC theory) point of view, this experience of
      perception or awareness and willed response -- by the nature of the higher
      order hyperspace fields where perceptive images are modulated holographically
      and detected by our awareness, as well as the "non-local" and instantaneous
      entanglement of their "zero-point-instants" (where both awareness and will
      are actuated) -- must occur instantaneously. In other words, we feel the itch
      and make the determination to scratch it simultaneously. However, all
      science can do is measure the time between the cause of the itch and the
      effect of the scratch. This can be done by MRI study of the brain as its
      neural system reacts to both the effector and affector nerve paths.

      The fact that the individual appears to not be consciously aware of his
      instantaneous willed choice of action until a half second into it, is
      explained by the fact that, it takes time to change one's attention from the
      cause of action to the centers of the brain that can report it to the

      The delay, or what appears to be an action of the brain before the
      perception, that Libet measured, is the time between the initial sensations
      which first has to travel through the nervous system at the speed of sidereal
      light to the brain where it forms the electromagnetic field that is modulated
      with the holographic interference patterns of the images we perceive. This
      field information is then inductively (or resonantly) transformed
      simultaneously to the coadunate fields of mind to be detected by our
      zero-point of awareness. From that point of perception, the instantaneous
      response of will that determines our reaction has to travel back down through
      the brain field, and then transformed through the neural system into
      electrochemical pulses traveling at the speed of sidereal light to effect the
      muscular response... Such as, reaching out to catch the fly ball the
      outfielder sees.

      Since the hologram of the outer world containing the moving ball and the
      hologram of our inner perception of it are identical and instantaneously
      simultaneous in our awareness, the perceiver can make an instantaneous
      calculation of its trajectory and location with respect to the body, and the
      ball is accurately caught. The signals passing in both directions through
      the affective and effective passages in the brain-body is where the delay
      occurs that fools the observer into thinking that we anticipate the action
      and that conscious perception and its willful response isn't instantaneous.
      This is the paradox that has confused the study of consciousness -- which
      today is carried out under the assumption that consciousness is an
      epiphenomena of physical matter related to the complexity of the neural
      circuitry of the brain. Unfortunately, Libet's observations and assumptions
      serves to confirm this to most scientists who practice the scientific method
      that is based solely of objective observation, and who do not understand the
      seven fold hyperspace nature of both the universe and all the beings within

      According to the above theory, "awareness" and "will" as the dual aspects of
      "consciousness" are both the inherent nature of the ubiquitous zero-point
      itself, while "matter" is the nature of the spinergy fields that are
      coadunate but not consubstantial. Any image field changes in any one of the
      7 fold fields that constitute the human body, are, therefore, instantaneously
      replicated in all the higher order fields -- due to their coadunate
      nature which links them all together through their zero-points. While the
      physical field's of action-reactions are limited by the speed of (sidereal)
      light "C", the higher order fields of mind-memory, which vibrate at much
      higher frequencies than the physical fields, are not so limited. This is
      because the astral light, by which we perceive the hologram of the outer word
      replicated in the mind field, travels at a velocity much higher than C.
      Thus, the images we actually see and the effect of will on them is
      instantaneous. Because the fields surrounding all sense detectors such as
      the rods and cones of the eye are coadunate with all other fields.

      I hope this clarifies things a bit.