Re: Theos-World re "Voice of Deity," John, Whoever, and ...

  • samblo@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2003
      You have asked me a question. I will not lie in this. Your relating of
      your fathers
      experience and the "Sudden" cognitive perception he experienced. First
      recall the
      story of Saul on the road to Tarsus "and behold he saw a Great
      Light.",after this his
      name was changed due to his Gnosis he became Paul. The Great Light is the
      space that about us wherein we have participation and Life and
      Consciousness. The
      mind of man is the Veil that blinds us to this Sacred Holy Space wherein
      we do all that we do and commit all that we commit for we are not
      without the but within
      that Suchness. The five actions of Siva': Projection, Maintenance,
      Veiling, Withdrawal,
      and Grace all exist co-statically and simultaneously in the space we have
      of perceptual reality in. Grace is Doctrine that is practically universal
      in all Religions
      and can occur as "Sudden" due to Grace and as doctrine other contributing
      of the Being as is found. As for myself I had a "Sudden" experience back
      in the late
      1970s while sitting in a lecture on Purush-Prakrit being given at that
      time by a now
      infrequent poster of this very list. Some point was made in the discourse
      that I,
      intent and focused in my internal energy and mind related too with the
      rising of a
      thought which produces a cognition which produced the "Sudden", to my
      reality the room, all the hearers of the Lecture, the Lecturer, the
      building, the city, the
      ceased to be, instantly replaced with the boundless beautiful Light
      intense yet not
      hurtful to seeingness as I at the moment or non-moment had no perceptual
      form at all
      but simply Be-ness. At the first movement of my mind giving rise to
      thought I was then
      instantly back in the lecture. But with the reality and remembrance of the
      Great Light
      forever to remain and remind. Some have mentioned the word "Faith," the
      defined Faith as the direct personal first person experience of such
      events, and when
      having had that they then had the "Basis" of "Faith" which is the element
      of Gnosis.

      As far as Karma for sure there must be a factor in each of us that
      determines which
      has it's time and season to ripen and expand within consciousness so maybe
      as the "Sudden" experience follows an orderly process arcane to even the

      Jaynes attempts to trace in ancient cultures the Logos of Deity speaking
      more directly
      and audibly in the common minds of the people that lived then. Then he
      postulates the
      changes in the physical instrument of the brain occurred changing the
      ability of the
      people to hear the direct communication due to the reorganization of the
      physiology. Now he also asserts that the Dynastic Kings and ruling
      families were able
      to retain the ability within their own physical form due to strict
      restriction of sharing the
      genetic pool outside the ruling familles genetic makeup. This he says did
      perpetuate it
      but only for a period until they too lost it through diffusion in time. He
      in his work try's
      to show by monuments and other remains from the various culture this
      It is a very original and unique perspective to be sure! One Science
      fiction novel that I
      was to find and read has this as it's basic motif that combines with this
      exterrestial intelligence. Another is Phillip K. Dicks "Valis" Trilogy. As
      far as UFO's go
      I have had some experiences there also to the point that certainty that
      reality itself
      become very fluid as experience, literally mindbending. You must root your
      feet in the
      Earth and be firmly stable adopting the "spectator" position.

      Mauri, in my view "Effort" equals "Work" , the difference is what form
      the "Effort" or
      "work" has in context, Explaining is not "Work" from the view of the
      Estatics or such
      as Proclus, Plotinus, or myriad others, explanations are explanations not
      the tranform-
      ations of ones energy, mind and context of the moment relative to the
      economy of the
      Being. In Daniel an Angel instructs Daniel "Take of this book and eat of
      it" he intends
      that one consume in the most entire means possible the essence of it, to
      do so one
      must live, breath, and hold present in mind and make it oneselve's very
      reality and as
      such change and transform the matrix of one's economy of Being. I had been
      in doing this type of very thing with daily diligent work and effort on
      myself back then in
      the late 1970's. It did produce change of energy in me and expansion of my
      view and awareness as a whole. One acts as a Caretaker of oneself
      moment to moment watching the mind and it's rising and being the Guardian
      Oneself. Be that as it may, it was a phase and not a permanency for me,
      but it did
      provide insight to the degree it did. Knowing what effort it takes to hold
      this in oneself
      even for the time I did generated respect for those Lights in History that
      held such a
      state for much longer periods. Such is Karma.

      The problem is that we exist in a Paradox. What is is, and we also. The
      lower mind
      has the design limitation that makes content dependent of Form context as
      part of the
      innate result is that all constructs that attempt to inform about non-form
      is inverted to
      what the mind in it's supervisory capacity deigns as appropriate context
      and form.
      These pop up as needed undirected and without prior permissions or
      supervision of the
      Being. So looking at the automaticity as it occurs and cogniteing "I did
      not intention or
      produce that" tells one something doesn't it? Well Karma/Maya ? What
      Ground has
      Karma but Maya functionally and operatively? And what is the experiencer
      of Karma?
      What is the Habitat of karma? What is it's limit? what experiences Karma
      and what is
      not beholden too it? The thing is from my view is "where we are", "who we
      are being",
      and in what is all taking place no matter when, what, or where. What is
      senior and
      what is Secondary-- Permanent and Impermanent? Which is Uncreate and which
      Create? Which Abides and Remains and which Resolves and Transforms?

      There are many scents and perfumes of Mysticism in History and in the
      Now but
      they can only predicate ultimately to and towards the same Truth.

      We are there now and need not go a single footstep, simply by lifting
      the Veil
      Re-enlightenment and Realization presents instant, so in that instant
      Order is created
      and becomes Known. If the purpose is to bring the Uplift of Mind then
      engaging modes
      appropriate and conducive to that seem required else we glide merrily
      along as Worthy
      Honored Gentlemen for a season and a time, lol.

    • samblo@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2003
        In the previous message I failed to mention the title of the 1st Science
        Fiction book
        I alluded to, it was:
        "Radio Free Albemuth" by Phillip K. Dick 1985