RE: Theos-World re karmic preferences/tendencies manifesting as Theosophy, RC, Bhakti yoga, science, history, etc ...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003
      Jan 9 2003

      Dear Mauri:

      I think there is a reverse to this observation to be considered.

      The physical effects of a moment of deep concentration may cause the
      "blood flow" to slow down as it may not be needed for the time being,
      until the consciousness is redirected (by the Real Individual who uses
      the personality, of which the brain is a most important part) at the
      panorama of "normal" sensations flowing in from the "Gnyan-indriyas"
      or "senses of perception" to the centre where they are mirrored and
      considered by the INNER EGO.

      This is a most important experiment and the results are valuable for
      consideration.

      The materialist sees it one way and the "theosophist" another.

      However neither observation nor conclusions say exactly what is the
      REAL INDIVIDUAL, nor do they say how any act of volition, or any
      choice is made. The mechanism for this conjunction, which starts on
      the non-physical planes (Spiritual and psychic) and then descends to
      the operative physical mechanism (brain) remains to be identified.

      I think a door needs to be left open for answering that.

      The "7 Principles" of Man and Nature may well be an important hint,
      and not a "blind."

      The main question is : How do non-material things such as thoughts
      and urges influence and make an impact on the physical form.

      Best wishes,