Re: Theos-World Brain-Mind and Consciousness Studies, some references from BA Goswami

  • wry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2003
      Hi.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <bhakti.eohn@...>
      To: <theos-talk@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 1:23 PM
      Subject: Theos-World Brain-Mind and Consciousness Studies, some references
      from BA Goswami

      Subject: re karmic preferences/tendencies manifesting as Theosophy,
      RC, Bhakti yoga, science, history, etc ...

      snip

      The History

      <<<The Bhaktivedanta Institute cherishes the privilege to have started
      the world's first graduate degree program (M.S./Ph.D.) in the rapidly
      emerging field of consciousness studies.>>>

      Wry; How can you "cherish the privilege" to have done something which you
      have already done?"

      >>It is my
      opinion that though consciousness is a 'philosophical' problem, only
      by appealing to the foundational issues of theoretical physics, we
      might be able to solve it.>>

      Wry: Consciousness is not a problem. It is people who are not fully
      conscious but are functioning mechanically and from motives of which they
      are not even aware who are causing all of the problems of humanity. When a
      human being becomes fully conscious, his intelligent doing will reorganize
      material in such a way that many problems will be easily solved and others
      around him will do the same.

      >My research interest is the famous 'EPR
      Paradox', the problem of non-locality and how this relates to
      consciousness studies. The Bhaktivedanta institute has given me the
      opportunity to do this unique research on two very important aspects
      of scientific inquiry: EPR paradox and Consciousness. With its
      completely 'different' research approach, the institute is bound to
      emerge as one of the premier institutes within the frontiers of
      science, in the near future.>>>snip

      Wry: Which "you" will cherish.

      I am very interested in science, myself. The problem is that the only way a
      person can study consciousness is by studying himself AS HE IS and not as he
      THINKS he is. It is the "as he thinks he is" which creates a lag, by which
      not only does everything involving human relationship and housekeeping of
      the earth cease to function at optimum, but which skews any data, as all
      data will always be subjectively selected. Only by PAYING ATTENTION can
      questions about locality be fully resolved, as, at the peak of the pyramid,
      material reorganizes into a plane. I got a sense from a previous writing of
      yours about transcendence that you understood this (a little), but now I
      wonder. Sadly, scientists tend to miss this, no matter how brilliant and
      sincere they are, and I have seen this time and time again. Wry