Jerry Hejka-Ekins on Bailey's Use of Besant/Leadbeater E.S. Material

  • D. H. Caldwell <info@blavatskyarchives.c
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2003
      On Theos-L in a posting dated Jan. 12, 1994, Jerry Hejka-Ekins wrote:

      "From my earlier perusal of AAB's writings, I found that many of her
      teachings were drawn directly from Besant and Leadbeater's E.S.
      writings, which to this day, are not publicly available. For the E.S.
      to publicly acknowledge that AAB was publishing secret E.S. material,
      would give away to the public the nature of the very material the
      E.S. is trying to keep secret. . . . "

      Quoted from:
      http://www.theosophy.net/tl-text/TL199401.TXT

      Arvind Kumar replied to Jerry's above comment:

      "Can you tell me in which published books of AAB this
      Leadbeater/Besant ES material may have appeared (your conjectures
      will be fine)?"

      Jerry replied in another posting dated Feb 1, 1994:

      "Your request puts me into a bit of a bind. Though I am not
      bound by any pledges not to reveal this material, nor did my
      source break any pledges, I still have come concern about raising
      the ire of pledged members who believe that this material should
      be kept secret. I'm willing to risk their anger, and reveal the
      contents of some of this material, if any real good were to come
      out of it. So I will have to put the question back to you by
      asking: If by revealing the contents of the E.S. materials, I
      show that key teachings in AAB's writings are in previously
      published E.S. writings that she had seen, then what would this
      mean to you?"

      Quoted from:
      http://www.theosophy.net/tl-text/TL199402.TXT

    • danielhcaldwell
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2007
[...]

      • Konstantin Zaitzev
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 26, 2007
          > Jerry Hejka-Ekins on Bailey's Use of Besant/Leadbeater E.S.
          Material

          > "From my earlier perusal of AAB's writings, I found that many of her
          > teachings were drawn directly from Besant and Leadbeater's E.S.
          > writings, which to this day, are not publicly available. For the
          > E.S. to publicly acknowledge that AAB was publishing secret E.S.
          > material, would give away to the public the nature of the very
          > material the E.S. is trying to keep secret. . . . "

          Was Bailey a E.S. member?
          It seems to me that it's safer to speak about the common source than
          about direct copying.
          For example, the colors of the rays in CWL and AAB books differ what
          is explainable when the similar teaching is given by the different
          exponents with different approaches and personal auras but improbable
          in case of derivative works.
        • Eldon B Tucker
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
            Hi everyone. I just wanted to reply to this message to point out that
            this message has the honor of being number 40,000 since theos-talk has
            moved to Yahoo Groups!

            Eldon Tucker

            --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Konstantin Zaitzev"
            <kay_ziatz@...> wrote:

            > > Jerry Hejka-Ekins on Bailey's Use of Besant/Leadbeater E.S.
            > Material
            >
            > > "From my earlier perusal of AAB's writings, I found that many of her
            > > teachings were drawn directly from Besant and Leadbeater's E.S.
            > > writings, which to this day, are not publicly available. For the
            > > E.S. to publicly acknowledge that AAB was publishing secret E.S.
            > > material, would give away to the public the nature of the very
            > > material the E.S. is trying to keep secret. . . . "
            >
            > Was Bailey a E.S. member?
            > It seems to me that it's safer to speak about the common source than
            > about direct copying.
            > For example, the colors of the rays in CWL and AAB books differ what
            > is explainable when the similar teaching is given by the different
            > exponents with different approaches and personal auras but improbable
            > in case of derivative works.

          • adelasie
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
              That's a lot of messages! Shows that this is a worthwhile forum.
              Congratulations, Eldon!

              On 1 Mar 2007 at 23:57, Eldon B Tucker wrote:

              > Hi everyone. I just wanted to reply to this message to point out that
              > this message has the honor of being number 40,000 since theos-talk has
              > moved to Yahoo Groups!
              >
              > Eldon Tucker
              >
              > --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Konstantin Zaitzev"
              > <kay_ziatz@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > > Jerry Hejka-Ekins on Bailey's Use of Besant/Leadbeater E.S.
              > > Material
              > >
              > > > "From my earlier perusal of AAB's writings, I found that many of her
              > > > teachings were drawn directly from Besant and Leadbeater's E.S.
              > > > writings, which to this day, are not publicly available. For the
              > > > E.S. to publicly acknowledge that AAB was publishing secret E.S.
              > > > material, would give away to the public the nature of the very
              > > > material the E.S. is trying to keep secret. . . . "
              > >
              > > Was Bailey a E.S. member?
              > > It seems to me that it's safer to speak about the common source than
              > > about direct copying.
              > > For example, the colors of the rays in CWL and AAB books differ what
              > > is explainable when the similar teaching is given by the different
              > > exponents with different approaches and personal auras but improbable
              > > in case of derivative works.

            • nhcareyta
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
                Thank you Eldon for all your efforts, patience, perseverance and
                wisdom in maintaining this superb theosophical site.
                Very best wishes
                Nigel

                --- In theos-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Eldon B Tucker"