62205Re: theos-talk Policy of theosophical websites to stifle discussion

  • .:.MKR777
    Jun 20, 2014
      Today, we are living in Information world where everyone is kept abreast of happenings. Do not we want our TS members around the world to be kept uptodate on a timely manner?

      I am sure many members would appreciate efforts by TS to treat them as valuable members and keep them posted of all important happenings. Long time growth of all organizations including TS depend on members who are fired up with enthusiasm to spread theosophical verities which would definitely help the current world where there is strife everywhere and hurting our brothers and sisters.

      As I have mentioned before, TS should start delivering all important breaking info to their members much like what theos-talk does. This needs to be done on round the clock and as old news is stale news. With Internet, we can do it. But it needs committed people who are not working on 9-5 work schedule.

      We all know there is very competent experienced computer talent available within the General Council and all it needs to tap their help. It is there for asking.  Is the GC willing to take the challenge and move quickly?

      Independent Theosophical Forums on Internet is essential because many times we see information and critique not to the liking of TS leaders. Like the story of emperor without clothes came out because of a child, looking from outside can reveal issues which are of great importance but is not obvious to the organizational leaders.

      We are all fortunate that at least there are few independent sites such as theos-talk is there to help prevent TS leaders taking wrong decisions and with the potential to prevent TS going down.

      Let us hope and pray we will see better days tomorrow.

      MKR

      On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Sampsa Kuukasjärvi sampsa.kuukasjarvi@... [theos-talk] <theos-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I agree that there should be the free flow of information, in as many places as possible. Discussion is easier if the sites are independent on those organizations that are discussed.

      More info on TS sites would mean more openness to the TS, and credibility and legitimity to leaders. Now if there is no official info available, we start pondering whether some people has something to hide from ordinary members. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case sometimes.

      However, I understand very well that all Theosophists are not at all interested in organizational matters. They don't have to be.

      Like Jeff said, we live in the real world. So it is useful to know about the current events, not only about authors and leaders of the late 1800's. It is said that what happens in the TS, is symbolically and occultly very important to the outer world.

      Websites of TS Sections MUST include the whole aspects of OUR organization, including what is going on in regard to the past elections, which is not "politics", but VERY IMPORTANT issues regarding people in charge of the Presidency of our Society.

      Carlos C