61565Re: theos-talk Theosophical Movement and Members

  • .:.MKR777
    Mar 4, 2014
      On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Ramanujachary nallanchakravarti <srivirinchi@...> wrote:

      In an article published in Lucifer (October, 1888) Madame Blavatsky made the following comments:

      “For the extension of the theosophical movement, a useful channel for the irrigation of the dry fields of contemporary thought with waters of life, Branches are needed everywhere; not mere groups of passive sympathizers, ----. Active, wide-awake, earnest, unselfish Branches are needed, whose members shall not be constantly unmasking their selfishness by asking “What will it profit us to join the Theosophical Society, and how much will it harm us?”; but be putting to themselves the question “Can we not do substantial good to mankind by working in this good cause with all our hearts, our minds, and our strength?”

      I will add - money too. The traditional thinking of theosophists is how can I help TS and theosophical movement and not what I can get from it? Especially, to many of them, the thought of taking any money - directly or indirectly - from TS never occurs. Of course, in Kali Yuga, human mind is very clever in that it can come up with 1000 reasons why it is not a bad idea to take money from TS.

      ***

      “Occult Truth cannot be absorbed by a mind that is filled with preconception, prejudice, or suspicion. It is something to be perceived by the intuition rather than by the reason; being by nature Spiritual, not Material.”

       ***

      Literature is for Portrayal of Philosophic Ideas.

      Dr N C Ramanujachary(Srivirinchi)
      Besant Gardens, The Theosophical Society, Adyar, Chennai 600 020
      Phone: 044/24913584, Mobile: 9444963584
      Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
      Know More >

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic