60820Re: theos-talk Adyar TS presidential elections

  • .:.MKR777
    Nov 11, 2013
      In the past, most members find out the names of candidates only when they receive the ballot; kind of surprise uninformed members. Also couple of years ago, the names of sponsors are added to the ballot to influence the uninformed members and this idea was imported from the USA where this was very effectively used as a subtle technique to influence the outcome of the elections. When this change was made, members were neither told why it was done, and who was behind the change.
      I hope this time, the candidates names and supporters are made public as soon as candidates names are finalized. We will have to wait and see if it is done or we have find out from someone who leaks the info. Generally speaking the politicians are not too keen to give up matters which work to their benefit.
      In the meanwhile, we do not know the agenda of the upcoming GC meeting and if any attempt would be made again to disenfranchise all of us and make the selection of the President in the hands of GC members. Vigilance on the part of members would be well advised.
      If anyone has any information relating to the above matters, this and other Internet Forums are available to distribute them to members around the world.

      MKR

      On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Sampsa Kuukasjärvi <sampsa.kuukasjarvi@...> wrote:

      I heard that the president candidates will be set and known until around January 11. After that there will be the election time of 15 weeks.

      Sampsa

    • Show all 38 messages in this topic