58681Re: theos-talk Olcott Memorial School

  • .:.
    Jan 7, 2013
      The school is making progress in building a vocational center built in a
      small area of the Damodar Gardens cleared by Krishnamurti School.

      The value of land in Chennai has skyrocketed and the school enjoyed 1973
      lease amount which is peanuts in today's price and there was no escalation
      clause (why this was left out is a mystery) and hence the school continues
      to enjoy the freebee to the detriment of TS which owns the land.

      The school is very expensive and you will not find the fee details in their
      website. A visitor commented that even Krishnaji as a student could not
      afford it.

      The parents of current students unsuccessfully tried various means of
      continuing to stay in Damodar Gardens. Those who decided not to renew the
      lease and use the property for the benefit of Olcott Memorial School should
      be commended and it is the most theosophical decision anyone can take. We
      should all rejoice.

      Anyone who can financially support the school would earn very good Karma
      since the school serves the most needy segment.

      MKR