57445Re: theos-talk Update on Krishnamurti School in TS Adyar Property

  • Sampsa Kuukasj√§rvi
    Jan 31, 2012
      MKR, you are right that there should be more transparency concerning the
      General Council discussions. Nevertheless, in Finland where I live, the
      members of the TS (Adyar) get information on international administrative
      issues of the Society pretty well.

      Of course, the Krishnamurti School is for rich people, and the Olcott
      School for underprivileged people. However, I understood that there could
      have been a fruitful alternative to the decision that was made: not either
      - or, but both and. Krishnamurti School would have payed well for
      additional lease, and maybe even the Krishnamurti School teachers might
      have taught something to Olcott school pupils.

      It would indeed be interesting to see documents and proposals that were
      presented to the GC members.

      Yes, Damodar Garden is TS property. It seems that the Krishnamurti School
      made a mistake that it took the lease land granted, though the School is
      not at all a part of the Theosophical Society. The strong lobbying that was
      done for the School came too late.

      Sampsa