      From: "M. Sufilight" <global-theosophy@...>
      To: theos-talk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:30:25 AM
      Subject: Re: theos-talk Sufilight with an Important Question

      Dear John

      My views are:

      You response surprised me.
      Let us agree upon that we have no right to demand that people respond in the manner we prefer ourselves.
      I sense that my response was not well taken by you - and - that you somehow misunderstand the intentions with my post very much.

      Let us be calm and avoid emotional reactions, while we seek the truth.
      Let me say, that I am not really interested in an exchange about politics - and - that my previous response merely was taken so to help us all to be aware of the possible role the Masters could have had in 1880-1900 in preventing that Russia invaded Tibet. And the esoteric rules followed by the Masters with regard to the Law of Karma versus - materialistic more or less egoistical politics - seen from an esoteric perspective.

      All this about Agvan Dorgiev I will put to rest - that was not my primary focus. I just sought to show you what Alexander Berzin meant about the situation. And to raise the question on what is the truth of the matter - the articles by you - versus - the one by Berzin - who after all has had access to some detailed info on the matter. But I guess you disagree with Berzin's views on this matter - and so be it. And that was simply what I wanted to know. In that sense I thank you for responding.
      And - that Agvan Dorgiev clearly (!?) promoting an invasion or similar - and - therefore not possibly could have been directly operating on behalf of the masters KH and Morya - unless strange "designs" are helpful with regard to the Russia-Tibet issue. (The esoteric force behind the Panchen Lama was not the same as the later Gelugpa invented institution of the political Dalai Lama --- especially also in the 19th century) And I did not tell you or any of us how the Masters did interfer - and towards whom or towards which groups in Russia or other countries they interferred. (And Masters can interfer in many ways not thought of by humans in general.) And that is important to those who known that the Masters are real. To those who question their existence - it is another matter.

      The Czar was not the only person who held an opinion about this Russia-Tibet question in 1880-1900. It is on historical record that some of the ministers in Russia held a quite different view about it than the official one by the Czar. The real private view of the Czar about these matters was and is not official you know. (It is well-known that there was a "cold war" between the "19th century super-powers" Russia and Britain in those decades 1870-1900 - Just check the historical documents on this.)

      Russian Empire - last half of the 19th century:
      "Following Alexander's assassination by the Narodnaya Volya, a Nihilist terrorist organization, in 1881, the throne passed to his son Alexander III (1881–1894), a reactionary who revived the maxim of "Autocracy, Orthodoxy, and Respect to the People" of Nicholas I. A committed Slavophile, Alexander III believed that Russia could be saved from turmoil only by shutting itself off from the subversive influences of Western Europe. In his reign Russia concluded the union with republican France to contain the growing power of Germany, completed the conquest of Central Asia and demanded important territorial and commercial concessions from China."

      I think this is telling enough when it is written like this in the Wikipedia about "important territorial and commercial concessions from China.". Russia clearly had expansionist activities going before 1880-1900, and it seemed that they for various reasons partially stopped up after 1881. Only partially. But all this is historical info and most often not all of it is presented without a certain bias no matter who presents it; a bias which is so difficult to avoid, because so many angles and views are involved.

      John wrote:
      " So what did you respond with? A cut and paste quote of Madame Blavatsky saying her personal opinion of Russia's intention to invade or rule Tibet. "

      M. Sufilight says:
      It was actually a Mahatma Letter I responded with and not Blavatsky saying anything about Russia. Well unless you think Blavatsky wrote the Mahatma Letter no. 4 by Master KH?

      I, myself merely wrote:
      "Only 10-20 years later there was still a Russian plot brewing...."

      And from this you seem to conclude that I have all sorts of views which I have not told you anything about. We obvious read the Berzin article differently with emphasis on different angles.
      But that is just your view about me. And what can I say to that?

      Here is an 1897 map of Tibet with the borders of Russia and India.

      Lighten up John... All right?....I am merely concerned with the esoteric role the Masters can be said to have had with regard to politics and the Russia-Tibet issue - esoterically speaking and that Agvan Dorgiev hardly can be said to be one of the Masters associates in this regard - unless we prefer strange "designs".

      All the above are just my views. I am not calling myself infallible. I merely seek to help us all....All right?

      Eeyore was saying to himself, "This writing business. Pencils, and what-not. Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it."
      Winnie the Pooh

      M. Sufilight