5196Re: Theos-World Historical correctness

  • Bill Meredith
    Feb 7, 2002
      Hi Larry,

      Would it be
      > equally helpful to state a current mindset? Why are we here (on this
      > list) What do we hope to get out of it? What do we hope to accomplish
      > with what we contribute? Any takers?
      >
      > Larry

      Current mindset: Thinking about what it means to have a current mindset. I
      do like the word 'current' because it acknowledges the process of change in
      my mindset.

      Why here: Not sure. After a stimulating period of life that leaves me
      well-educated and well-travelled, I have semi-retired to live in a small
      town in rural Georgia. Lists like this one are stimulating far beyond what
      I can find at the local coffee shop. I discovered this form of
      communication only a year or so back. In addition to several spiritual
      discussion lists, I am on all the theosophy lists that I could find at that
      time. This is one of them. I spend so much time on the computer that my
      wife says I must have a girlfriend on one of these lists, but I haven't
      found her yet.:)

      Hope to gain: (not comfortable with characterizing it as 'hoping' to
      'gain' ) I expect that the list will continue to be stimulating as long as
      it is composed of as diverse and vocal group as it is at present. I learn
      something with nearly every e-mail I read.

      Hope to accomplish with my contributions: (again the language is a barrier
      to me) I don't 'hope' to 'accomplish' anything in the sense of hoping that
      someone will read what I write and somehow it will change them. My postings
      are put forth so that I may learn from the responses to them. Sometimes
      there is no response, but even then I think I learn something.

      In closing I will say, Larry, that you are a welcomed addition to this list.

      regards,
      Bill

      > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic