5130Re: The Importance of Going to the Primary Sources: An Example

  • bri_mue
    Feb 6, 2002
      It seems it is rather you who is again trying to misconstrue the
      whole thing Deveney clearly points out that "Blavatsky" claims (See
      p. 17) "Note the insistence in the interview that this astral
      projection was the highest achievment of magic." (referring to an
      interview with Blavatsky)

      At least in spite of his misconstruing the text, Daniel now has the
      booklet, wich given his questions untill recently he didn't even
      have.

      Daniel, you obviously have a scanner, why don't you just scan this
      whole page nr. 17 of Deveney's book so everybody can make up their
      own mind what is standing there.
      Brigitte

      --- In theos-talk@y..., "danielhcaldwell" <danielhcaldwell@y...>
      wrote:
      > In one of Brigitte's latest postings, we find:
      >
      > > In the "Religio-Philosophical Journal 22/20, May 19, 1877:p. 4,
      > > Blavatsky wrote that the separation of soul and body is "one of
      the
      > > last and very highest achievements of magic."
      >
      > Brigitte, did you actually go to the RELIGIO-PHILOSOPHICAL JOURNAL
      > for May 19, 1877 and read page 4?
      >
      > Did Madame Blavatsky actually WRITE what you say she did?
      >
      > It would appear that you only consulted Deveney's ASTRAL PROJECTION
      > and that you have actually MISREAD footnote 40 on page 17 of
      > Deveney's work.
      >
      > The article in the RPJ for 5/19/1877 [mentioned in footnote 40] is
      > (as Deveney writes) "an article touting the superiority over
      > occultism of the new phase of spiritualism, exemplified by Cora
      > Richmond, in which the medium was taken out of her body to view the
      > wonderful scenes of the spirit world."
      >
      > Did Madame Blavatsky write this article????
      >
      > Daniel H. Caldwell
      > BLAVATSKY ARCHIVES
      > http://www.blavatskyarchives.com/introduction.htm
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic