5129The Importance of Going to the Primary Sources: An Example

  • danielhcaldwell
    Feb 6, 2002
      In one of Brigitte's latest postings, we find:

      > In the "Religio-Philosophical Journal 22/20, May 19, 1877:p. 4,
      > Blavatsky wrote that the separation of soul and body is "one of the
      > last and very highest achievements of magic."

      Brigitte, did you actually go to the RELIGIO-PHILOSOPHICAL JOURNAL
      for May 19, 1877 and read page 4?

      Did Madame Blavatsky actually WRITE what you say she did?

      It would appear that you only consulted Deveney's ASTRAL PROJECTION
      and that you have actually MISREAD footnote 40 on page 17 of
      Deveney's work.

      The article in the RPJ for 5/19/1877 [mentioned in footnote 40] is
      (as Deveney writes) "an article touting the superiority over
      occultism of the new phase of spiritualism, exemplified by Cora
      Richmond, in which the medium was taken out of her body to view the
      wonderful scenes of the spirit world."

      Did Madame Blavatsky write this article????

      http://www.blavatskyarchives.com/introduction.htm
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic