5036Re: Theos-World COMPARING & CONTRASTING Some of the Different Interpretations about the Masters

  • Steve Stubbs
    Feb 2, 2002
      Daniel:

      There must be some confusion here. I have repeatedly
      argued that:

      (1) The masters were real men, whose worldly
      identities were concealed with the pseudonyms KH,
      which was for sure a pseudonym, and M, which was
      probably a pseudonyn,

      (2) the WB was a real organization, based on northern
      India which may or may not still exist,

      (3) The MS quoted in the SD were real MS kept in a
      library maintained by a member of the WB,

      (4) The thesis developed in the SD was the work of the
      WB, and not the unassisted production of HPB,

      (5) HPB did in fact use botanical substances, as she
      said herself, and her masters did as well, as she
      says, and Olcott's Ootan Liatto experience is
      explicable in terms of herbs burned by Ootan Liatto
      and his companion in Olcott's presence,

      (6) The mahatma letters were written by HPB and
      Damodar and palmed off on people in a way made to
      appear mysterious, except in a few cases.

      (7) The rest of the phenomena have to be judged on a
      case by case basis, but most of them are not
      scientific evidence, even though all of them might
      have neen miraculous for all I know. It is therefore
      good historical technique to focus on the strong
      stories and ignore the weak ones.

      Steve

      http://www.blavatskyarchives.com/caldwellcomparing.htm

      > Daniel H. Caldwell